Final Build!

Alrighty then..

Well, how about better RAM timings vs getting 660TI over the 660?

Would the better card make a more signifigant performance increase than the better memory?

You wouldn't even notice the ram difference period. It would show on benchmarks but not noticeable to you.

PP Mguire

Yeah he RMA'd it the day it came.

I've laid it out before, I'll put it plain simple.

A fast dual core or quad core from Intel will play any game without necessary OC.
4-8GB of 1600MHz RAM with any latency timings is perfectly fine for anything regardless. The only difference is more RAM for bigger tasks. 90% of this userbase wont even use 8GB in the next 2 years.
High resolution gaming (720-1080p) will see the most benefit from a faster GPU. As I've probably linked before my article suggests this with 2 very high end demanding titles. As I posted in the Metro 2033 thread my CPU makes no difference in FPS, but overclocking the GPU does.

The most performance increases you can get from a modern PC are in your GPU and in getting an SSD ditching the HDD.

Sorry for my bluntness or coming off rude, but I'm pretty ****ed off (not at you).

Edit: For anybody else who might read this thread, a good Phenom 2 955BE or FX 4100 will play any game perfectly fine as well. Even a 720BE which is a tri-core. An E8400, Q8200, Athlon X3, anything in that area will also suffice CPU wise for everything we currently have on the market. Games over 720p are ALL GPU dependent.

Last edited:
I've laid it out before, I'll put it plain simple.

A fast dual core or quad core from Intel will play any game without necessary OC.
4-8GB of 1600MHz RAM with any latency timings is perfectly fine for anything regardless. The only difference is more RAM for bigger tasks. 90% of this userbase wont even use 8GB in the next 2 years.
High resolution gaming (720-1080p) will see the most benefit from a faster GPU. As I've probably linked before my article suggests this with 2 very high end demanding titles. As I posted in the Metro 2033 thread my CPU makes no difference in FPS, but overclocking the GPU does.

The most performance increases you can get from a modern PC are in your GPU and in getting an SSD ditching the HDD.

Sorry for my bluntness or coming off rude, but I'm pretty ****ed off (not at you).

Perfectly explained. Hope things get better today for ya.

The dimensions of the motherboard don't matter. It will just hang off the end of it. It has a PCIEx16 which is the only part that matters fitting wise. It looks like it won't even cover anything up which sometimes happens on smaller boards, on yours it shouldn't though. If it had a back plate it would probably cover up every sata port, but it doesn't so your all set. It will however cover up your first PCI slot which for most people isn't a problem.

Back
Top Bottom