Final Build! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 70
Default Final Build!

I made a little bit of changes, I think I finaly made up my mind. Tell me what ya think!

Might wait a bit for prices to drop some more before ordering or order bits and pieces at a time as some are already pretty low. Check it out!


DVD: Newegg.com - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - CD / DVD Burners

CASE: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811553003

Fans: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181025 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?
Item=N82E16835181028 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835168006

VGA: Newegg.com - EVGA 02G-P4-3664-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature2 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231528

Mother: ASRock Z75 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

SSD: Newegg.com - Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F240GBGT-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
__________________

Suomalainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
GhOsT1321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 804
Default Re: Final Build!

Seems pretty well rounded. Have you checked if Newegg ships to Finland?
Also, I would recommend a larger, higher quality case. Just about anything by Cooler Master, Antec, Silverstone, Corsair, NZXT, and Lian-Li are pretty good. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but those are the main ones off of the top of my head.
A case similar to this one would be more ideal
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Tpk=haf%20912
You would have more space, better cable management, stronger metal, and less sharp edges.
__________________

__________________
Build to be updated, a reminder to myself.
GhOsT1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Bregadon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arizona,USA
Posts: 122
Default Re: Final Build!

Build looks good besides the case. I would look for another case under 50 dollars if that's the issue. Find one with 2-3 fans. The one you have on the list only comes with one 120mm fan.

Click

This one has great reviews and lots of buys. 2 120mm and 1 140mm fans.

I'd also suggest an aftermarket heat sink for your CPU if you plan to overclock at all.
Bregadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 70
Default Re: Final Build!

Hey, thanks for the replies guys!
Looking into those cases, I dont think either supports USB 3.0 :P

Probably not very important, but It's nice to have I guess. The case I picked out has 3.0 and supports multiple fans. I know the metal is quite light weight, but the reviews are showing it is great for keeping everything inside cool and allows nice cable mangagment.
I also have 4 fans in the shopping cart.

Here is one case that I was considering. It's obviously a little bit bigger and better quality, but not so sure if I actually need it. I'm not going to be doing any crazy OCing or adding liquid cooling, idk if this would benefit me much more for what I have..
Newegg.com - Antec Eleven Hundred Black Super Mid Tower Computer Case
Suomalainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Bregadon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arizona,USA
Posts: 122
Default Re: Final Build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suomalainen View Post
Hey, thanks for the replies guys!
Looking into those cases, I dont think either supports USB 3.0 :P

Probably not very important, but It's nice to have I guess. The case I picked out has 3.0 and supports multiple fans. I know the metal is quite light weight, but the reviews are showing it is great for keeping everything inside cool and allows nice cable mangagment.
I also have 4 fans in the shopping cart.

Here is one case that I was considering. It's obviously a little bit bigger and better quality, but not so sure if I actually need it. I'm not going to be doing any crazy OCing or adding liquid cooling, idk if this would benefit me much more for what I have..
Newegg.com - Antec Eleven Hundred Black Super Mid Tower Computer Case
My bad didn't see you were ordering more fans. There are plenty of case options if you are willing to spend 100 dollars. Just seen you had one picked out for 20 so figured you were going cheap on it. Corsair 400R and 500R are good picks alongside the one you just picked out. If you're not going to overclock at all then don't bother with a aftermarket cooler, but then again if you don't plan to overclock at all the 3570K might be a waste. Leaves the option open for down the road, but know so many people who buy unlocked processors and never overclock them. Just don't see the point. Back on topic, I'd just buy a halfway decent case with USB3 and decent reviews on airflow.
Bregadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,285
Default Re: Final Build!

Ditch the 16GB of RAM for 8GB and for sure grab a better case.

The Athena case picked out doesn't have front 3.0 ports, but you really don't need them anyways. There are hardly any 3.0 devices and the board comes with 2 ports in the back. Not to mention, that board doesn't have a front USB3 header anyways.

As for the CPU Bregadon, the 3570k has the highest clock out of the i5s and higher turbo. At 3.8 you don't really need to overclock at all.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 70
Default Re: Final Build!

Hah! I see why you guys are telling me to get a better case.. I posted the wrong one!

Heres the one I had my eye on lol

Newegg.com - COUGAR Solution Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 12cm COUGAR TURBINE HYPER-SPIN Bearing Silent Fan and USB 3.0
Suomalainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Bregadon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arizona,USA
Posts: 122
Default Re: Final Build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Ditch the 16GB of RAM for 8GB and for sure grab a better case.

The Athena case picked out doesn't have front 3.0 ports, but you really don't need them anyways. There are hardly any 3.0 devices and the board comes with 2 ports in the back. Not to mention, that board doesn't have a front USB3 header anyways.

As for the CPU Bregadon, the 3570k has the highest clock out of the i5s and higher turbo. At 3.8 you don't really need to overclock at all.
I know just figured if he was on a tight budget he could get something like a 3330 and save 50 bucks or so since he doesn't plan to overclock.

Agree with lowering the RAM 16GB is near pointless for gaming alone. I've never even maxed out my 5GB playing games.
Bregadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 70
Default Re: Final Build!

The RAM sticks I picked out are on sale for $60. I'd only be saving something like $10 - $15 (if that) by going 2x4 ddr3 1600..
Suomalainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,285
Default Re: Final Build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suomalainen View Post
Hah! I see why you guys are telling me to get a better case.. I posted the wrong one!

Heres the one I had my eye on lol

Newegg.com - COUGAR Solution Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 12cm COUGAR TURBINE HYPER-SPIN Bearing Silent Fan and USB 3.0
Much better case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregadon View Post
I know just figured if he was on a tight budget he could get something like a 3330 and save 50 bucks or so since he doesn't plan to overclock.

Agree with lowering the RAM 16GB is near pointless for gaming alone. I've never even maxed out my 5GB playing games.
But, he has the option later on since he is getting a board that supports it. Can just benefit from higher stock clocks now and grab a better heatsink down the road. Now, getting a 3570k with an H77 board....that's just stupid.

I have never seen a game use more than 2.2GB of system RAM total.
__________________

__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.