Final Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. If you would have actually refer to my post, you would have realised that your choice of cpu and mobo, hard drive and case is the same as mine.

Firstly, what have made you decided to go with the abit IP35 Pro mobo? Is it because of it safe overclocking features or for it being stable and/or with japan made capacitors so that it is lesser proned to fry when overclocking extremely?

I would really appreciate your response to this question as I am looking for more reviews besides being recommended by my friend.

Secondly, someone in my previous post has suggested me to change the harddrive from wd to seagate as its better.

Thirdly, your ocz ram seems good enough or rather in fact even better than my previously suggested crucial ballistix ram.

As for lcd monitor, keyboard, mouse speakers etc accessories I leave it to your preference. Though as for the power supply, maybe someone else can give you a rating. Personally, I prefer antec due to its efficiency.

Last but not least, as for your gpu, it is a great choice and there should not be any issue to run those games earlier on mentioned by you.

Great case of choice, anyway, afterall.
Cheers.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I missed your post, it's actually a little scary how similar our builds actually are. *Looks over shoulder*

I picked the ABIT IP35 purely beacause of the 1333MHz required by the E6750 Processor (It was one of the cheapest). But I am careful, very careful to go through all the reviews to make sure I pick high quality parts. Im not sure how it compares with the Asus, but from what I see, a stable motherboard for the RAM and Processor is the main requirement, which it succeeds.

I actually had the Crucial RAM picked out, but chose the OCA due to the price difference in the 512's. But they both seem to be good choices.

As for the hard drive and power supply, I would personally choose the Seagate and GameXstream 700W, but a friend of mine recommended the ones shown, mainly the WD due to its silent performance.

Although the abit IP35 Pro is a good board in our opinion, I am still waiting for some form of "professional" response in details with the following:-
1.abit IP35 Pro
2.asus P5K
3.gigabyte ds3r

Can you please stop threadjacking?

Hey Mr Vaanish dude. Can't you actually see how closely is my thread connected to VGMPsycho? I am also tyring my best to make sure that I and him are getting onto our right track to choose the abit motherboard.
So hopefully your next post will be beneficial to our threads.

I am saying this in a nice manner.
Cheers.

Thanks.

Now I have a few questions. How much of a difference would there be between:

1. GIGABYTE GA-P35 and the Abit.

2. PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad and the Forton.

Would, in fact, this be a better option. Gigabyte motherboard, 2 gigs of RAM and Q6600 processor? Would the Processor be utilised to its fullest capabilities with the Gigabyte mobo and 2 gigs of RAM, or would there be no noticible difference between the E6750 and Q6600 on the Gigabyte board??

Just a little unsure of whether the Q6600 would be wasted on 2 gigs of RAM and the cheaper motherboard... I will not be doing any huge multimedia work with the computer, just assignments, music and gaming. However, I may be using a duel-boot (XP and Vista), so would 2 gigs be sufficient for Vista??

So many questions.....

Thanks.

Welcome back.
Based on most of the forum threads that I have read, basically if you are into multitasking (of which you do not), get the intel quad core Q6600.
However since you do not even work on heavy multimedia applications, the orginally intended intel core 2 duo E6750 will be more than efficient for heavy gaming to casual programs.
To further add on, the quad is more of future proof since most current applications have yet to fully utilise all the cores.

Unless you are talking about 64bit os, there is no point in getting anything above 2gb of ram as a 32bit os(most widely available and popularly used) will only support up to 3.5gb of ram. In any case, a good low latency 2gb ram pc6400 is probably the best choice in terms of cost effeciency and speed.

There is quite a large price difference between the abit and gigabyte as the abit IP35 Pro has 2 pcie slots where the gigabyte ds3r only has a single slot.

ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Unless you are going to refer to a gigabyte ds3r dq6, then perharps it is slightly better than abit.

Thanks.

Now I have a few questions. How much of a difference would there be between:

1. GIGABYTE GA-P35 and the Abit.

2. PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad and the Forton.

Would, in fact, this be a better option. Gigabyte motherboard, 2 gigs of RAM and Q6600 processor? Would the Processor be utilised to its fullest capabilities with the Gigabyte mobo and 2 gigs of RAM, or would there be no noticible difference between the E6750 and Q6600 on the Gigabyte board??

Just a little unsure of whether the Q6600 would be wasted on 2 gigs of RAM and the cheaper motherboard... I will not be doing any huge multimedia work with the computer, just assignments, music and gaming. However, I may be using a duel-boot (XP and Vista), so would 2 gigs be sufficient for Vista??

So many questions.....

Thanks.

I would say that the e6750 would be the best proc for u (assuming u will overclock?)

I would definately go with the Gigabyte mobo- its a forum favurite.

The difference between the two PSUs would be negligable, as they are both overkill tbh. But I really love the single rail design of the PCP&C PSUs, so i tend to reccomend them alot. If I had the PCP&C, I would be happier than I would be with the Fortron, and more confident about its longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom