The fight for ATI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth be told...I am buying both nVidia and Ati. The next gen RG 680's will be the ultimate in gaming power, with 9 million pixel pipelines. Yes, the days of nVidia and Ati are numbered...FOR...the days of Atidia are here!

Maybe you mean R600?

And I doubt any merging will happen, large companies very rarely merge. They may appear to merge, but either AMD will own ATI or ATI will own AMD, on paper. ATI doesn't seem to be doing to well against Nvidia as of now though, at least that's just how it appears. After the G80's and Conroe are released, ATI and AMD are going to be pretty toast ...

You know Intel will try to buy Nvidia if AMD buys ATI.

is this thread too old to bring back?

anyways... AMD bought ATI, woot

for a mere 5.4 billion

'mere' haha XD I still don't get what will that do to the market anyways, and I don't really care aslong as ATI keeps up those low prices ;-) .

-Jo.

ya.. intel is gonna move away from ATI and use nVidia as their main chipset maker... so initially... amd-ati will probably suffer just a bit... but in the long run.. it should be benificial to both...

they said they're not gonna cut any R&D funding.. but what i'm wondering is.. is some tech gonna spill over from one company to the other? that would be raad! this reminds me of the mercedes chrysler merger... chrysler actually has some nice cars now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom