A few questions on my new build - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: A few questions on my new build

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
ya... is he still getting that water-cooler....

also doesn't that build up there... look like the build Khan, "false-witnessed"??
lol...it is similar, except that khan supposedly said he had a QX6800, 4GB of dominator, two watercooled 8800GTXs, and the watercooled edition of the striker extreme.

3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

Old 06-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gapl View Post
lol...it is similar, except that khan supposedly said he had a QX6800, 4GB of dominator, two watercooled 8800GTXs, and the watercooled edition of the striker extreme.
i stopped believing him when he said he had a qx6800... i was like impossible..... that thing is oem.... hardly of those in the world..... how much would his build have cost?

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 06-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

lol i like the way i said , "False-witnessed" hahahahaha rofl lmao
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

Old 06-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gapl View Post
lol...Why are you so hard set on trying to beat people, at posting first. What matters is that you're giving advice and helping the person. I don't give a........if you beat me. Just help the guy out.
Just trying to have some fun during this long boring day. Honestly I don't care if I get beat out in posting just thought it was funny how you post jut before me nearly the same suggestions. Your absolutely correct about giving advice that is first and foremost but we gotta have some fun every now and again
Old 06-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
imagine what he would get with the e6600 ??
From what I have read there is not that big of a difference between and OC e6420 and an OC e6600. They both OC to approximately 3.5, so I personally don't see the need to spend the extra $50 when it can be used elsewhere.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot2011 View Post
From what I have read there is not that big of a difference between and OC e6420 and an OC e6600. They both OC to approximately 3.5, so I personally don't see the need to spend the extra $50 when it can be used elsewhere.
sounds like I can stop worrying about not getting the e6700 then... Just feels wierd when the CPU is cheaper than the mainboard, but I really want those heatpipes and the "bling" factor of the striker though.

what about raptors in RAID? guess that would be an overkill just like getting 4 gb of ram? cus a guy on an other forum recommended increasing the ram to 4 gigs as 2 would bottleneck the system.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SF]MKM View Post
sounds like I can stop worrying about not getting the e6700 then... Just feels wierd when the CPU is cheaper than the mainboard, but I really want those heatpipes and the "bling" factor of the striker though.

what about raptors in RAID? guess that would be an overkill just like getting 4 gb of ram? cus a guy on an other forum recommended increasing the ram to 4 gigs as 2 would bottleneck the system.
its not overkill if u want speed or security

Old 06-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
No worries. I was thinking the same when I was getting ready. If you are not concerned with SLI than get this board for crazy OC on the 6420 and with an aftermarket cooler (tuniq tower, artic freezer pro 7) you will get very good OC on that CPU.

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Quote:

No need to get 4gb RAM unless you are doing CAD or Video Encoding and such. 2GB of that GSKILL HZ RAM will do more than enough for gaming.

As for the Raptors in RAID. Complete overkill. Just save alot of money and get the 2 Seagate 250 or 320gb SATA drives and RAID them its about equal to 1 Raptor and gives you 2-3 times or more storage.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
No worries. I was thinking the same when I was getting ready. If you are not concerned with SLI than get this board for crazy OC on the 6420 and with an aftermarket cooler (tuniq tower, artic freezer pro 7) you will get very good OC on that CPU.

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

No need to get 4gb RAM unless you are doing CAD or Video Encoding and such. 2GB of that GSKILL HZ RAM will do more than enough for gaming.

As for the Raptors in RAID. Complete overkill. Just save alot of money and get the 2 Seagate 250 or 320gb SATA drives and RAID them its about equal to 1 Raptor and gives you 2-3 times or more storage.
that the answer to all ur questions.....

Old 06-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
True Techie

kk, will have to read up on what RAID is all about.

b1gapl told me to get an EVGA instead, but isn't the 8800gtx pretty much the same regardless of the different brands? just different clock speeds and cooling systems?

EDIT
Quote:
What about DirectX10 Crysis on 1600x1200 or 1280x1024 with all the goodies on max?

Closed Thread