A few questions on my new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get two accounts, with a friend's or relative's address and yours, and buy two. Simple as that.

Oh the way I understand it you ned 4gb to run Vista. So if your going with Vista than yes definately get 4gb of RAM

I think vista = garbage anyways. Wait for a service pack!
/braces for vista lover flames

Does Vista even come with essential apps like minesweeper and magnifier?

you guys that post that the gskill HZ's will "easily" overclock past ddr2 1066 need to start showing me some evidence of the ease of which you speak. i can clock mine that high (barely), but it takes quite a bit of manipulation of the timings. one thing that we dont mention here often (because usually it isn't important lol) is that you cant keep the stock timings (4 timings anyways) on ddr2 800 once you overclock it that high. and expect it to run stable, at least. so, if you got the money to burn (and its a lot) buying ddr2 1066 with stock timings of 4-4-4-12 or lower will perform better. but not too too much, ya know? just depends on your financial situation i suppose. those dominators you linked are 5 timings, and good ram by all means. i cant believe that they are only 150 bucks aftter the MIR. those things used to be like 500.
so, they really are like twice as much as the gskill...but maybe they are worth it to ya. if they were still expensive, i would say "forget it"...but i paid 280 for my XMS2 ddr-800 last year. so, meh...
by the way, the dominators may be expensive, but they will likely run past 1250mhz. and thats fast, amigo.

yea, I've read reviews and stuff saying the dominators perform well and I've got the cash so I'll be getting them.

Though, if I want to go 4gb with Vista, should I try to find 2 x 2gb sticks or will 4 x 1gb do just as fine? read somewhere that 4 modules can't run in dual-channel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom