A few questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neolexia

Solid State Member
I'm buying a new PC in the coming weeks. I don't have a ton of money so I plan on buying a basic computer with the following specs and upgrading over time.

I'm a gamer, but I only play WoW so i don't need a monster computer (since WoW is more GFX card dependent than processor).

i5
4GB ram
500GB-1TB HD
not sure which gfx card, see below.

Here's a few questions I have.

1. What graphics cards are under $100 that can run high-settings on WoW with at least 45 FPS, BUT can also allow me to dual-monitor (extended screen). I can look anywhere to see what FPS I can get on WoW but i don't know what can run 2 monitors because I want to run two 23" monitors.

2. If I buy a computer with a CPU that has integrated graphics already, but put in a separate graphics card, will there be any problems? (basically what will happen)? & do I just put in the card and i'm good to go? Or do you install a driver once it's in?

3. Anyone know a computer store (much like CompUSA) or a computer store "warehouse" around New York? I'm willing to travel to buy the parts for a computer, I just really don't want to order online even if it saves money. (I'm too persistent to get a new computer, I need it now because i'm going to shoot myself sooner or later with my currently laptop).

Thanks!

edit - another reason I don't want to buy online is because I don't want to get a case that won't fit everything.. or a motherboard that's made for like Intel pins but I get an AMD processor that doesn't use pins.

MicroCenter is located in New York, select your store at the top of the page.
Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more!
If you only have $100, it will be impossible to find a video card that can run WOW on high with 45+ FPS on two 23 inch monitors.

Do you already have the parts mentioned and only need a video card?
Are you build a new computer? If so, what is your total budget for the tower, excluding software?

Edit: For under $100, this is about the best you can do,
Micro Center - Gigabyte GV-R677D5-1GD AMD Radeon HD 6770 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Video Card GV-R677D5-1GD

Thanks for posting dude.

I don't wanna go far over $700 since I don't have a lot. I've built a few i3 computers on newegg in the 600-700 range so I know it's possible

and i've decided to buy a graphics card separate, once I have more money (Then i'll spend between 150-200).

With the 6770 though, is one monitor going to need to use like DVI and the other the HDMI output?

Thanks for posting dude.

I don't wanna go far over $700 since I don't have a lot. I've built a few i3 computers on newegg in the 600-700 range so I know it's possible

and i've decided to buy a graphics card separate, once I have more money (Then i'll spend between 150-200).

With the 6770 though, is one monitor going to need to use like DVI and the other the HDMI output?

Yes. One monitor will use HDMI, and the other will use DVI.
I'm not sure how your MicroCenter will be, but the one here in Saint Louis will compete with Newegg. They will match or beat Newegg's price if it has free shipping.
Here's a better look at the side of the card.
http://www.microcenter.com/images/shared/products/views/372693/824565_03_side_comping.jpg

The thing that makes building a computer cheaply as of late is Hard Drives being 2-3 times their previous price.

@Nukem
He said that he did not want to buy online.

I saw that Ghost, but...

to be honest... most places are going to over-inflate the price just cause you can get it "now"
if he ordered it tomorrow... he could spend the shipping money and have it in a couple of days at most.

I found a couple computer stores in my area that has parts. I'll check them out and see what their prices are. Thanks for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom