A few questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

almightyobo

In Runtime
1. I currently have a ZALMAN 9500 HSF for my AMD x2 5600+, I plan on switching to the new Phenom when they release the ones with the fixed bug, will my ZALMAN fit on the new Phenom? It doesnt list it on its compatibility list but is it really THAT different? I just wanna know if its gonna work on it.

2. Which VGA cooler would be the BEST all around for a MSI 8800GTS 512 (G92)

3. Should I upgrade my M2NSLI Deluxe to a K9A2 Plat since I dont plan on running SLI but I do plan on OCing both my CPU and GPU?

4. Lets say I did upgrade those things, would I get a noticeable performance increase if I were to upgrade to 64bit XP and added 2G of RAM for a total of 4G?

thank you!

1. I think it will fit. Socket AM2 and AM2+ from the pictures I've seen, don't look different from each other.

2. Agreed with heister.

3. Not sure on this one.

4. 64bit isn't a big step in performance from 32bit, in my opinion.

well the K9A2 from as far as I can tell, has over twice the speed fsp as the SLI deluxe, but Ive heard that both are good for OCing, I just wasnt sure

And I would only go to 64bit to increase RAM, otherwise its virtually pointless, I was just wondering if the additional RAM would in fact make a noticeable and worthwhile improvement

EDIT - I had been looking into the HR03, question tho, where do you mount the fan?

4GB would benefit you, if you use a lot of memory intensive programs. Such as heavy editing.

You mount the fan on top of the heatsink, like this:
stepIV-1.jpg

No, in that picture, you can see that there are zip ties holding it.

But there are fan clips included too, with the HR-03 GT:
i-31.jpg

You should really have a look at their website. They give you detailed installation instructions with pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom