few more days ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDuskXx

In Runtime
well here's my build so far...anything i can save money on? the psu might be a bit much i think X_X

CPU
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

PSU
Newegg.com - Antec TPQ-850 ATX12V / EPS12V 850W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Retail (-$50 combo with cpu)

CASE
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

HARD DRIVE
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3500630AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

VIDEO CARD
(yes i want this, so don't tell me to get an nvidia card)
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100201SR Radeon HD 2900XT 512MB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP VIVO Video Card - Retail

COOLING
(i already own)
Newegg.com - Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler - Retail

DVD BURNER
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write - OEM

MONITOR
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HW-223DPB Black 22" 5ms HD 1080P supported DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

KEYBOARD
Newegg.com - Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - Retail

MOUSE
Newegg.com - Logitech G5 2-Tone 6 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser Mouse - Retail

MEMORY
2x Newegg.com - GeIL Esoteria Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

OS
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD - OEM

MOTHERBOARD
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

SPEAKERS
Newegg.com - Logitech X-230 32 watts RMS 2.1 Black Speaker System - OEM

lol, i would say so.... get the xclio greatpower 550w OR the corsair 520 ( i think that's what everyone has been recommending along with the xclios)

heres my advice-

1. Don't get that ridiculous 800+ watt PSU, just get the corsair 620 watt HX series PSU like I got, its award winning and more then enough power for what you will need, not to mention its 125 right now with mail in rebate

2. Heh that gfx card...hardcore ATI fans ::shakes head::

3. Why that ram? Might as well go G.Skill HZ ddr800 pc6400 ram since thats far more award winning, ur ram is so unknown it only has 1 review on newegg!

4. Keep in mind that I heard with OEM OS once u activate it, its automatically tied to ur mobo meaning u cant use the OS for another computer later on :(

5. Also for your case might as well just get a thermaltake armor which is the same price with mail in rebate, except its a full tower case which means more space which equals better ventillation and room. Not to mention Ive seen the antec 900 and it seriously felt like I could punch right through the crappy plastic glass side. Way too flimsy, i still say bad build quality...

6. Good mobo choice...Im going with the same, award winning!

7. Im going with the same award winning HD, but u might wanna get 2 and raid 0 since its so cheap

i got my antec for $69. its the one thing newegg isnt cheaper than everyone else about lol

i'd consider a coolermaster too

heres my advice-

1. Don't get that ridiculous 800+ watt PSU, just get the corsair 620 watt HX series PSU like I got, its award winning and more then enough power for what you will need, not to mention its 125 right now with mail in rebate

2. Heh that gfx card...hardcore ATI fans ::shakes head::

3. Why that ram? Might as well go G.Skill HZ ddr800 pc6400 ram since thats far more award winning, ur ram is so unknown it only has 1 review on newegg!

4. Keep in mind that I heard with OEM OS once u activate it, its automatically tied to ur mobo meaning u cant use the OS for another computer later on :(

5. Also for your case might as well just get a thermaltake armor which is the same price with mail in rebate, except its a full tower case which means more space which equals better ventillation and room. Not to mention Ive seen the antec 900 and it seriously felt like I could punch right through the crappy plastic glass side. Way too flimsy, i still say bad build quality...

6. Good mobo choice...Im going with the same, award winning!

7. Im going with the same award winning HD, but u might wanna get 2 and raid 0 since its so cheap

lol... its "award winning" :laughing:

but yeah, 800 watts.. thats silly you dont just look at the watts you also look at the amount of power on the rails. Alot of powersupply companies try to trick people to look at the pure amount of watts it produces and not the amount of power on the rails. I think their is a thread stickied somewhere around here that explains that more deeply

My suggestion for a case: Antec Performance... ?P180? i think :p

holy ****, i think you could power a time machine with that, get a corsair 520hx, itll do you just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom