Fellow Geeks..

Do I wait for K10?

• Yes, Wait for K10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, its not worth waiting

• What are you talking about you silly little man?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that the kuma chips are going to be a little more than "small revisions"...how else would they be able to claim that kuma is going to spank conroe? it would take a lot more than cache to do that.
correct me if i am wrong, but i believe am2+ will also support ddr3. it may be am3, though. i know that am3 does, but am uncertain if am2+ will.
i agree that k10 is worth waiting for (especially for those of us with am2 boards).
i think that darksides estimate of 250 is going to be reasonably close, though i would hope that the performance increase over conroe would justify such a difference....i'll wager conroe/allendale will be much cheaper by then than they are currently.
we'll see in november, i reckon.

November is a a long time to wait - my computer struggles with the new games but I guess I could try and hold out :(

I just got some xg drivers from tweaksRus that seem to bump up the performance and reliability of my card a bit.. Still can't play stalker with dynamic lighting without slowdowns though.

I would try pushing the overclock on the gfx card but i'm pretty sure that my FSB is the system's bottleneck and thats maxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom