Fatal1ty XFX 8800GTS 320MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

HELPMEPLZ

Baseband Member
Curious if anyone has used / seen this card in action before.

Fatal1ty XFX 8800GTS 320MB
XFX GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 650Mhz Fatal1ty

Stock Specs are OC'd like all XFX cards, but the Fatal1ty version goes to a whopping 650Mhz Engine GPU, 2.0GHz.

This is higher clock speeds than all other 8800GTS and GTX's out of the box. I understand the GTX's still outperform these by a long shot and i've looked at many benchmarks which rate the Fatal1ty version predecessors "XXX" version almost on par with the 640mb version in a lot of DX9 games, considering this i am quite confident this will be a very powerful card especially considering i probably will OC it even more just to see how much this baby can handle.

From all benchmarks/reviews i've read the XFX 8800GTS cards are exceptional and absoloutely tear through games but i'm curious if any of you have had similiar / complete opposite experiences with the card, or any other XFX 8 series cards for that matter..

So post anything about it or the XFX 8 series cards away please :) your posts help me shape my thoughts on what to buy.

By the way, i've also read a lot of "All Fatal1ty hardware is crap its a marketting scam" and unless you have proof or a very strong arguement about this to confirm, don't give me that dribble :) 2.0ghz and 650mhz engine out of the box is definetly worth the extra $40? i pay for the fatal1ty version, in my opinion anyway.

Thinking about this

EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 500Mhz
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 500Mhz

and spend the extra money on a new case (my motherboard doesnt fit in my case) well it fits, but my graphics card and PCI slot peripherals dont actually make it to the screw in point on the case so i worry that if iget a 8800 it will literally fall out of the socket or will bend the chip slowly eventually breaking/snapping it because of all the weight it has hanging off it with that big fan dish.

NZXT Hush Case
NZXT Hush Case

Any ideas on that combo then? and will the EVGA card OC to similiar clock speeds as that fatal1ty had? or anyone know of a max speed they've seen it get to on stock cooling?

Yea....that's the exact card, I suggested in my previous post. Anyway, good choice. And yes, it is capable of overclocking to the Fatal1ty's speed. Or past it, if you have a good airflow going inside your case.

About the case, your cards should fit, no problem...since it is 8800GTX compatible.

Also don't worry if you can't get to Fatal1ty speeds, because in my opinion, 600-650 on the core isn't a noticeable difference in gaming.

I see, cheers for help.

Do you have any idea about this case problem :S Im using a Aurora E-Box Black and the only website i could find with its specs via google was some french site that said its
"ATX/BTX" now i read on my motherboard page that my motherboard was " ATX (11.60 inches by 9.60 inches [294.64 millimeters by 243.84 millimeters])"

So why does it fit, but is about 1 inch off making it to the far side, meaning none of my PCI slot peripherals cant reach the screw hole? nor can my graphics card which is the most worrying point.

:( its a shame as well cause i really like this case but do you know if this problem will plague me with the new case as well? is it the mobo of a slightly different measurement to normal "ATX" motherboards??

ATX form factor motherboards are usually 12" x 9.6". So if the motherboard is about 1" from the back of the case, try re-aligning it.

ATX form factor motherboards are usually 12" x 9.6". So if the motherboard is about 1" from the back of the case, try re-aligning it.

I fixed it up and my 8500GT actually sits in there with the screw in now, but it looks like its got so much strain on it to be honest, it just doesnt feel very comfortable if you know what i mean.

Another question if anyone can answer :p? Is the 8800GTS the same dimensions physically as the 8500GT? or does anyone have the l x w x h exactly of the 8800GTS? pref the EVGA one ^^

I fixed it up and my 8500GT actually sits in there with the screw in now, but it looks like its got so much strain on it to be honest, it just doesnt feel very comfortable if you know what i mean.

Another question if anyone can answer :p? Is the 8800GTS the same dimensions physically as the 8500GT? or does anyone have the l x w x h exactly of the 8800GTS? pref the EVGA one ^^

you must be joking!? the 8800 is much bigger, in length AND width! i think the 8800GTS and GTX are the same size though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom