fans on my case

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
my GPU is at its max temp all the time GPU 46 °C (115 °F)

i have 2 fans on the case one at the bottom on the front panel where the dvdrom is ect and one on the side but there both blowing out air....should i change the one thats on the side to a intake airflow so my GPU gets more air to it?

What kind of case do you have? No fans on the back or top? Is there a place to install one on the back or top? Ideally you want air to come in, pass through your components and go back out. Front to back, bottom to top, etc... I'd atleast flip the front fan around for intake, try that and see what your temps are at. Then flip the other as well so both are intake and see again what your temps are...keep an eye on your ambient and cpu temps as well.

Anyways, I'd check and see if there is any way to install a fan on the back or top, that should be your exhaust and then flip both those to intake.

Oh, and are you saying that's your load temp on the gpu? If so, then no worries, that's nice and low. They can run up around/over 80C I believe without issue.

What kind of case do you have? No fans on the back or top? Is there a place to install one on the back or top? Ideally you want air to come in, pass through your components and go back out. Front to back, bottom to top, etc... I'd atleast flip the front fan around for intake, try that and see what your temps are at. Then flip the other as well so both are intake and see again what your temps are...keep an eye on your ambient and cpu temps as well.

Anyways, I'd check and see if there is any way to install a fan on the back or top, that should be your exhaust and then flip both those to intake.

Oh, and are you saying that's your load temp on the gpu? If so, then no worries, that's nice and low. They can run up around/over 80C I believe without issue.

and yes this is loaded i just switched my computer back on and it shot upto 46 °C (115 °F)
again

i have a

CIT ATX Gamer Case

* Ultimate black gaming case
* Screwless chassis
* Acrylic windowed side panel (with 80mm LED fan)
* Large 12cm front fan with Tri-Colour LED
* Compatible with ATX and MATX motherboards
* 4 x external 5.25-inch bays (behind hinged front panel door)
* 3 x internal 3.5-inch hard drive bays
* 2 x USB 2.0 ports and audio input/output on side of case
* Can take 2 x 80mm rear fans (not included)
* No PSU included

i dont have the money at the moment to put another 2 fans in.
and yes i can install a fan on the back as there is space for one

i was going to sell a mobo/CPU and heatsink but i cant post on the market forum yet

and na there is no way to put a fan on the top of the case unless i cut it out myself

i can try turning the fan near the GPU around so it blows in air and leave the big one at the front of the pannel as it is so theres air going in and some been taken out

your idle temp is not that high thats nowhere near max temp. for that card.
alot of people report averages of
50C Idle, 75-80C under 100% load and it runs fine. although thats a tad warm.
you could also try an inexpensive slot cooler. I stuck one in mine for the heck of it and dropped 2-3c on the GPU at idle.

I would do the following, go down the list till you hit an option that you can do/afford:

1) Buy two 80mm fans and install them on the rear as exhaust, and use the side/front fans as intake.

2) Buy one 80mm fan and install it as a rear exhaust and use the side/front fans as intake.

3) Remove the side fan and move it to the rear as exhaust so that you have air coming in the front and going out the back. If those temps are accurate you don't have any cooling issues with your gpu.

4) Use the front as an intake and the side as an exhaust. Or possibly both as intake. I would play around with a couple of different options and see where you get best temps. I wouldn't make the front fan an exhaust, leave that intake.

What program are you using to monitor temps?

You should be able to pick up two 80mm fans for well under $20. Either at a local comp store or even electrical supply store might have them as well. I know I can get two semi-decent fans for about $12CAN locally.

your idle temp is not that high thats nowhere near max temp. for that card.

i wasnt sure on the max temps for this graphics card as i only just got it

i have just turnt my smaller fan around so its blowing air into the pc and still have the 12cm fan taking air out of the computer

I would do the following, go down the list till you hit an option that you can do/afford:

1) Buy two 80mm fans and install them on the rear as exhaust, and use the side/front fans as intake.

2) Buy one 80mm fan and install it as a rear exhaust and use the side/front fans as intake.

3) Remove the side fan and move it to the rear as exhaust so that you have air coming in the front and going out the back. If those temps are accurate you don't have any cooling issues with your gpu.

4) Use the front as an intake and the side as an exhaust. Or possibly both as intake. I would play around with a couple of different options and see where you get best temps. I wouldn't make the front fan an exhaust, leave that intake.

What program are you using to monitor temps?

You should be able to pick up two 80mm fans for well under $20. Either at a local comp store or even electrical supply store might have them as well. I know I can get two semi-decent fans for about $12CAN locally.

im useing everest home edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom