Fan setup in my case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosleyx2004

Solid State Member
I have this case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144001
There is a spot for an 80mm fan on the top and another on the side of the case(side with acrylic window). In the back there is room for a 120mm fan.
First off, I have a big typhoon cpu cooler:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106061
so with this there is about 2 cm's between my side fan and my cpu fan when the door is closed.
Can anybody tell me what you all think should be intake and which should be outtake for the best cooling conditions.
Should I even use the fan on the door because it is so close to the big typhoon cpu cooler.

Thanks in advance

(also, how do you put a sig in on these forums, couldn't find it under my profile options?)

Door = intake
CPU = blow down on CPU
PSU = outtake
rear fan = outtake
top fan (if available) = intake
front fans = intake

Use both the door fan and CPU fan for better cooling. The CPU cooler will appreciate plenty of fresh air.

I would have the CPU cooler blowing the air out of the window vent. Instead of using the window fan, build a shrouding arround the CPU cooler to help focus the air out. Never have intake fans on the top, use the top fan for exaust. In my experience having more exaust fans is better then more intake.

In my opinion more intake is better. Hot air will get forced out the 2 fans on the rear easily (PSU fan + rear fan).
Maybe it doesn't matter that much; you would have to check CPU and HDD temps with top fan intake/outtake.

With more intake you build high pressure in your case which is hard on your fans and slows the air. With more exaust the fans suck air from not only the fans but the vents aswell giving you more airflow in more parts of your case. Also, putting an intake on the top of your case instead of an exaust pushes the hot air down and doesn't let it escape which in turn increases the temperatures. You want to move the air in your efficiently. Hot air rises, so why work agianst it?

your powersupply will pull most of the air out... i would make all fans intake except the top so that all of the air gets pulled to the top. This will create a HUGE vaccum

Then again, thats prolly not a good idea cause ive never tried it. :D

viperman5000 said:
Why? Heat rises.

Yes heat rise's but not every case is created equal,Each case has it's own flow pattern that you need to find,On my old case my temp's were better with the top fan being exhaust,With my x-blade temp's are better with the top being intake,That's why you alway's take the time and play around with the fan combo's untill you find which way work's best for you,There was a discussion a long time ago on this and lot's have had the same experience's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom