Fan connection to motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would first assume that the power switch on the back of the PSU is turned on, and that it is plugged in. Then I would think that the on button connectors are incorrectly installed.

I had the power switch in back to front, but now it turns on and off instantly... is this harming my computer? Do i need anything apart from the power switch connecter plugged in for it to power up?

Hmm, the only time that happened to me was when I forgot the put the little wire under the motherboard, basically I was like 12 and did put the motherboard directly on the case. It shorted up the mobo / cpu / ram / video card.

Usually if it's not a wire issue and if the comp DOES boot up and just nothing happens, it sounds like some sort of mobo issue.

Ok, sometimes it turns on for about 5 seconds or so, then everything just gives up.

Do you see anything at all on your screen ? Any beeps ? Or just the fans running for 5 secondes and the whole thing shutting down ?

OK I'm all up and running!

But to turn it on i need to press the on switch two or three times to kind of 'rev up' the computer. If i just press it once it just kinda gives up after a second.

Why is this?

Sounds like some sort of power issue. Might be your power supply at that point, do you have some sort of high-end system ?

My system is fairly average for todays computers i believe. I have:

Core 2 Duo e6320
2gb of pc2-5300
geforce 7600gs
and a gigabyte motherboard i forgot the name of.

The system starts every time now, with no "warm up" necessary, but the hard drive is incredibly loud compared to the previous motherboard it was plugged into. Why is this? I mean it is VERY loud, it gives a really CHUG CHUG CHUG when loading :(

The hard drive may possibly be going bad, usually HDD's will get louder when they track as they go bad.

It is also possible your previous mobo had acoustic management, limiting the tracking/spindle speed to quiet it.

EDIT: Also just remembered, case configuration can make a huge difference in the acoustics of everything, maybe it's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom