Failed bios flashing, dang ASUS! What other mobo you guys recommend? Not Asus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I thought I was going to have to buy a new board. I didn't realize that I would only have to pay to ship it there. I just think they should take the utility down if it can't work 95%+ success rate.

I really think the problem with Asus is that they are spread too thin. They have like a million motherboards supporting many different configs. With that, I think, their quality assurance isn't as good. I used to swear by them until I had like 3 or 4 boards go bad on me. Then it was a nightmare to get an RMA. Glad things worked out for you though. Good luck with the new one!

well i have an asus P5KC and love it and have flashed several in windows mode never had trouble , first did you turn off your antivirus and security suit , second you have to do the steps exactly as stated if youhad you would of had a floppy back up to redo to last bios and wouldnt be returning to asus . I sell and use asus boards and most time trouble is when someone wants to take the cheapest route to try something them selfs , sorry dud to bust on you like this but you started bashing them for what is your fault , why did you flash in first place they tell you not to if your not having any troubles, several of latest bios updates are just for the processors readings nothing to do with system runing. also there was ways to reflash it from start up to flash latest bios from floppy .

well he got it RMA'ed so its fine... really good of ASUS to do that... but always use CMD to BIOS Flash.. its wayy easier..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom