Failed bios flashing, dang ASUS! What other mobo you guys recommend? Not Asus - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2007, 05:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Failed bios flashing, dang ASUS! What other mobo you guys recommend? Not Asus

Universal abit > Motherboard, Digital Speakers, iDome, AirPace, Multimedia

Ive read alot of reviews on this and ive liked what ive seen.. good overclocking good features (( lcd screen on motherboard shows beep codes during post to tell you if somethink is wrong )) (( clear cmos switch )) im going to keep reading up on the reviews on this board but it looks good i think im going to buy it my self

Cpu:Q6600 GO @ 3.4ghz 1.36V
Gfx:8800 Gts 640Mbs
HD:500 gb SATA2 16mb
Ram:2gb ddr2 Corsair
Monitor:ViewSonic Vg2030wm 20inch Wide Screen
MotherBoard:Abit Ip35 Pro !! - AWESOME
Fan:Zalman 9700
Old 11-28-2007, 08:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Failed bios flashing, dang ASUS! What other mobo you guys recommend? Not Asus

Well I thought I was going to have to buy a new board. I didn't realize that I would only have to pay to ship it there. I just think they should take the utility down if it can't work 95%+ success rate.

Antec 900 - HOUSE
Asus P5K Deluxe - MOBO
Intel Q6600 - CPU
Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR2 800 - RAM
BFG 8800 GT - GPU
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Sound
WD SATA II Caviar 250GB with 16MB Cache - HD
ASUS 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - DVD
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-BIT - OS
Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via MSN to synergy Send a message via Yahoo to synergy

I really think the problem with Asus is that they are spread too thin. They have like a million motherboards supporting many different configs. With that, I think, their quality assurance isn't as good. I used to swear by them until I had like 3 or 4 boards go bad on me. Then it was a nightmare to get an RMA. Glad things worked out for you though. Good luck with the new one!
i7 2600K | TRUE 120 w/ Xigmatek XLF-F1253 | Asus Sabertooth P67 | 16 GB G.Skill RipjawX DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560Ti | 256 GB Plextor M3 SSD |80 GB Intel X25-M SSD | Corsair Graphite 600T
Coolermaster Purepower 850W | Samsung 25.5" 1920x1200 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

HTPC: AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz | Gigabyte GA-880GM mATX w/ ATI Radeon HD 4250 | 8 GB G.Skill RipjawX DDR3 1600
LG Blu-Ray/HD-DVD ROM + DVD RW | 60 GB OCZ Vertex SSD | WD Caviar 1 TB | Antec Veris Fusion Black HTPC Case
Logitech diNovo Edge KB | Win7 Pro 64-bit
3dMark06 23,159 | 3dMark Vantage 23,579 | TF2 Stats Page | BC2 Stats | BF3 Stats
MCSE (SharePoint 2013), MCITP & MCTS (SharePoint 2010), CIW
Old 11-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to rinconjoe Send a message via Yahoo to rinconjoe

well i have an asus P5KC and love it and have flashed several in windows mode never had trouble , first did you turn off your antivirus and security suit , second you have to do the steps exactly as stated if youhad you would of had a floppy back up to redo to last bios and wouldnt be returning to asus . I sell and use asus boards and most time trouble is when someone wants to take the cheapest route to try something them selfs , sorry dud to bust on you like this but you started bashing them for what is your fault , why did you flash in first place they tell you not to if your not having any troubles, several of latest bios updates are just for the processors readings nothing to do with system runing. also there was ways to reflash it from start up to flash latest bios from floppy .
Old 11-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

well he got it RMA'ed so its fine... really good of ASUS to do that... but always use CMD to BIOS Flash.. its wayy easier..

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Closed Thread