Extreme build needing Extreme advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antecs a decent psu, but not modular, and everyone claims short cabling

You stated modular in your OP, so thats what we're offering. If you don't want modular, you're opening up a huge amount of options.

The 5970's have more than the upper hand, there isn't a card on the market that can touch them from a performance standpoint. If you aren't willing to go with ATI you may want to consider picking up a cheap gpu now and waiting for Nvidia's new cards which should be out sometime around March.

SLC SSD's are technically better than MLC ones however in my opinion they aren't worth the increased cost. The Intel X25-M G2 80gb has very similar performance to the SLC based X25-E 64gb for $170 less.

Newegg.com - Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2XXX 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks

patonb, changed my build to include the corsair 850... and puddle... if I went with ATI, could I use that in the EVGA board? would I run into any problems with compatability?

patonb, changed my build to include the corsair 850... and puddle... if I went with ATI, could I use that in the EVGA board? would I run into any problems with compatability?

The Classified uses a Intel chipset so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. It also supports crossfire so you could add a second card in the future if you wanted.

question.... does it need to be "i7 certified"? and james, doing that would require me getting a totally different mobo, I'm trying to stick with all EVGA products. I realize that right now, the 5970's have the upperhand, but well, lets just say I've had better luck wtih nVidia than ATI. thanks for the suggestion though!

Ah I was just going to reply to this but everyone has commented :tongue: the 5970's really are great, if you can find them. Amazon has the Diamond 5970's but they are a little more pricey and I'm not sure what's up the "usually takes 3-5 weeks for shipping", so if you do go that route you might as well wait it out on newegg or somewhere similar.

They are faster ram so yes. You will probably run at least a 200bclk I believe the lowest mem multi on the classified is x8 but could be x6 so at 200 you are looking at 1600 or 1200 speeds with the lowest multi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom