Extreme budget PC buid for daily browsing and <2013 gaming

BoshkoN

Beta member
Hello everyone. I am on an extremely tight budget, as I have wasted all my money on a laptop that I managed to drop and break the motherboard. I am looking at a build which would be extremely cheap and would satisfy my needs of programming for college and playing games < 2013. I am looking at this...
Intel Xeon x5470 CPU with adapter to fit LGA775
ASUS P5KPL-AM Motherboard
8GB DDR2 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 5770 Sapphire Vapor-X graphics card.
1 TB hard drive salvaged from the laptop using an adapter.
Some kind of PSU.
I also plan to overclock the CPU.
Would the CPU or RAM be a bottleneck to the graphics card, or should I put a graphics card
Is this a build which can be put together?

That board does not officially support Xeon processors and "some kind of PSU" worries me if you plan to do any overclocking.

Edit: And yes I know about the modded bios support for Xeon, but if you don't know what you're doing you could have another brick on your hands like the laptop.

I said some kind of psu because i haven't yet decided which would be the most bang for the buck. Also, is there a lga775 motherboard which officially supports Xeon, or the modded bios is needed on every lga775?

Modded bios is needed for any board that isn't 771 like the Xeon in question, and boards that do not officially support Xeon. Some boards will boot but most will show unsupported CPU on post.

Its quite strange that you've settled on one specific GPU, it would be better if you'd be open to similarly priced/powerful cards so you can get a better deal as with many of these old cards, its hard to find many listings online. For example, r7 250/250x cards are around as good as the card you've chosen, but will give you more options of potential GPUs you can get and hence a better chance of finding a good deal.

Its quite strange that you've settled on one specific GPU, it would be better if you'd be open to similarly priced/powerful cards so you can get a better deal as with many of these old cards, its hard to find many listings online. For example, r7 250/250x cards are around as good as the card you've chosen, but will give you more options of potential GPUs you can get and hence a better chance of finding a good deal.
Have to think availability of the country at hand.

Back
Top Bottom