Extra's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended buying the Thermalright Ultra120 eXtreme-1366 RT Premium Heatpipe Cooler for Intel LGA1366. Seemed like the best available.

I thought about a fan controller with some type of cool LCD screen but I read a lot of reviews and they don't appear too accurate. More "bling" and not anything worth the money. Anyone have success with these?

What do you all think about other coolers - for Hard Drives and whatever else. A waste?

I'm really not into the lighting. My case is hidden behind a cabinet door.

I'll look at sound cards but I am not convinced I need one. What I'd REALLY like to do is figure out how to plug this (PC) in to the in ceiling speakers in my computer room (they currently go to another room where a receiver is and I use a speaker selector to listen to them).

One last question - 2 HDs in Raid 1 or 3 HDs in Raid 5? I have some data (photography/family & customers) that I CAN NOT lose!)

RAID5.. because you still can store on all 3 drives...

RAID1 you can only use one of the HD's to store on

Ahh i could help you with the ceiling speakers, I did that for a while but after a move decided wasn't worth the trouble to put them in when I'm not gonna be here too long. I could use alittle more info on the set up though a little iffy, either way .doing that would only be a few cables and fiddling with your A/V receiver , I'd say Raid 5 if you need the more space, if not then RAID 1 will do. And You can grab some cheap HDD coolers if you want, I got one for $4 in a "why not" attitude and it keeps my HDD about 12 C cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom