External Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtmpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I don't know the exact model number of this external hard drive but I know it is a Maxtor One Touch II USB External Device. I had this thing working when I had my Dell, but I upgraded almost all my parts. I then one day installed this external hard drive on my new upgraded computer and with much difficulty I got it to work eventually. So it was working fine until yesterday morning where my computer just didn't see it anymore. So I uninstalled all the drivers and reinstalled them. I got to the point where I restart my computer, and when I did so, this window poped up when I restarted my computer saying, "This device could not be installed", and then it had (code 10) next to it. It was talking about the Maxtor One Touch II. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be done?

Thanks,
Ted

EDIT:

By the way, I should add that I just tried to install the external hard drive on my dad's computer and it worked without the need of any drivers. So there is nothing wrong with the hard drive for sure.

EDIT 2:

Ok, I got my external hard drive to be installed and I got no errors on that now. However, now I can't see the hard drive in My Computer. Please someone reply and help me out.

Please someone reply soon, this is very important. My external hard drive is in the device manager, however it is not in My Computer or in Disk Management. I have tried so many things to get this to work, so please give me any ideas what so ever at why you think my external hard drive is not in My Computer. Somebody must know something on these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom