Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sorry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
Went to Staples yesterday cause the WD 250gb Media Center external hdd's were on sale for $90 (regularly $199) but they were out so they gave me a 250gb My Book Essential (regularly $169) at the same sale price and said I can switch it if I want so I need to know. Thanks :)

They're actually both western digitals, you must have missed the poll. Yeah I don't think it's bait advertising but not sure. It was an anniversary sale "while supplies last" so I'm kinda surprised they even gave me a replacement instead of saying "sorry they're all gone." I'll probably swap it for the more expensive one unless someone here thinks I should keep the My Book. It doesn't come with backup software like the Media Center, but according to the sales guy it has better cooling. Any more thoughts would be appreciated cause they said if I do decide to swap I gotta do it pretty soon.

This is the WD External Harddrive I have; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144385

It is almost completely silent. The only times I hear it is when it starts up, or when I haven't used it for a while and I use a file that is on it. Also it stays almost completely cool. I don't know how the Media Center or My Book do, but I would just swap that hard drive for the more expensive one, as it probably has better stats and I wouldn't really worry too much about the cooling, as WD does a great job anyway.

Cool, thanks. I actually ended up keeping the My Book eventhough it's worth 20 bucks less. Looks pretty sweet compared to the other one and so far working good :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom