Expensive PC but Awful 3dMark Score... Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublebassdanny

Solid State Member
Hey all! So I just got a fairly expensive PC (look in my signature for the specs). I ran 3dMark 2005 and got a score of... 263... that's right... 263. I can crank Half Life 2 out on full graphics but I want to future proof my PC (haha yeah I know, that's impossible!) to play games that will be coming out and rival the processing needs of 3D Mark 2005... I have suspicions that this may be due to my video card, a cheap little 5500 FX. But I've got 3 gigs of RAM running in Dual Channel and expected to get a much better score than this. Any help? Thanks!

Well, for one your processor plain sucks. And second, your graphics card sucks even worse. 3dMark05 is completely dependent on the graphics card. The FX 5500 is pretty much just a step above integrated graphics, so I wouldn't expect you to get much with that card. There wont be much future-proofing with that card, you HAVE to have at least a 6800GS.

WTF did u buy 3 gigs of PC2700 RAM for. Your rig looks just plain retarded IMO. Sorry.

I would agree with beedubaya, if you want a higher score (and don't want to trash your whole system and start over which you probably should) get a new vid card.

Hes probably a noob who thinks more RAM makes it faster and doesn't realize the video card is the heart and soul of the PC and everything else just provides re-inforcements for it. I know I used to think the same way.

Ya I change my vote to definately try to sell off that peice of crap and start over. You would be soooo much better off if you went through these forums and got help picking out a system piece by piece.

bradybnmci your sig still creeps me out

FYI... this PC was given to me from my workplace. I wanted to know what to improve to change it. But thanks anyway...

(dammn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom