Expensive build

Status
Not open for further replies.
^You seem to be right, I, for some reason, thought they were coming out as 1366..... but it seems that if you don't read fully, you get bad info.

I think itrs how they word it as the successor to the i7s, as it'll be the same performance as 1366.

Wait, so intel brought out one chip generation for this 1366 socket and that's it? What a rip.

And yeah, for some reason, it looks like you are spending more money than you should be on this system. If you looked around better you could probably find some better deals. Then again, maybe in the uk you guys get crappier prices.

Gulftowns are i7 though. Aren't there only two chips in this set as well? i7 970 and 980x? They are both priced through the roof. There is no cpu cheap enough for the normal consumer to buy. I really can't count this as a generation.

The only Xeons in the consumer price range are quads. Are they better than i7's for regular/gaming desktops? If they aren't, then there is still no point in them from a consumer standpoint. We still haven't gotten a new generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom