evga x58

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ster

Baseband Member
Okay, so I just ordered my very first rig online and I got the new evga x58 mobo.... I know this may sound like a really retarded question but does it need to have a video card for it in order to run?

I was a bit over budget for my new rig so I just passed on the video card till I have enough money in the very near future. I plan on getting the gtx 260 core 216. But see I don't have any old video cards either since my old pc was a crappy overpriced pre-built emachines and it had an integrated video card. I couldn't even upgrade it because the video card slot is a pci one and that technology is very obsolete (and to think my rents bought it for me back in 04' when pci-express and agp was the standard).

Please bear with me if my tech lingo/knowledge is very noobish. I'm new to this pc building shenanigans.

Yes you need a Video Card, there's no way to see whats going on the screen though

No x58 motherboards have integrated video so you need to buy a dedicated video card for it to run.

word... thanks a lot

Yes you need a Video Card, there's no way to see whats going on the screen though

thanks for the info man

Well then I assume you don't do much gaming at all, and that you just need something that will show you a display:

Newegg.com - SPARKLE SPPX43DH256MB GeForce 6600 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

That one should be just fine for you, and it's only 20 bucks. And it's much better with 3d applications/games than any integrated card.

Well I plan on doing a bit of gaming with those high end fps like crysis, not to mention starcraft 2 and diablo 3 coming out. I also want to get the gtx260 core 216, might even sli it, but I just don't have the cash right now. I guess I'll just buy a cheap peace of crap gpu for the meantime

Most likely getting this with the $40 mir
EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600 GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

You might be able to find a 8600 GTS on the cheap if you look hard enough. Might even be able to push your budget to fit a 4670.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom