evga NForce 780i or 790i

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.e.g.

Beta member
Hi all just wanted to say this is an awesome forum.

So currently my system is

Asus A8N-SLI
Athlon 3200+
3GB Ram
3 x Samsung 500GB HD
evga Nvidia 8600GT
Antec Truepower Trio 500W PSU

I've noticed that I'm running the newer games at a horrendous FPS.
Sometimes my system would drop down to 15fps (Playing World of Warcraft)

I was thinking upgrading my system but I can't decide on these 2 boards.

EVGA Nforce 790I SLI
EVGA Nforce 780I SLI

I would be upgrading my CPU to either Q6600 or the Q9450.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks guys!

if u wanted to sli get the 780i and id say a q9550 they dont cost that much more then a 9450

if u wernt gonna sli id get a p45 or x38 boards and get a 4870x2 or somthing... same cpu.

Don't bother with SLi... especially on those 8600gt's because they scale like crap and aren't worth getting another one

oh I would change my 8600GT for sure.
I wouldn't keep this card for it's dear life, if i was to upgrade to the 780i.

So do you guys think it's even worth it for the 790i?
Or is it still a little too early to tell?

I was just thinking since I'm doing an upgrade might as well go for the DDR3 instead of the DDR2.

Just don't really want to blow a huge amount.

790i Ultra is not worth it as it utilizes DDR3 and there are P45's/X38's/X48's which are way better, and depending on your range most likely there is a good AMD card with better bang for the buck..

DDDR3 is not worth it at all yet. I have a 780i SLI board and although I do like it because the BIOS is pretty straight forward and it works pretty well, I wish I had an X48 board and a 4870 X2. That would be a killer system. If you want to go a little cheaper though, you could get a 4870 or 4850 Xfire and get an x38 board

All right time for me to do a little research on the P45 and see which board I'd go with.

Would the Q9450 an allright chip? Or should I go with the Q6600?

Do they not make the 4850 in 1GB?

my 9450 kicks the **** out of a q6600 at the same speed. a q6600 MAY (heavily emphasize the may part) overclock better, but it will take more voltage.
4850 with 1gb is a waste of dough, it does not have enough bandwidth to fully utilize that much memory. if it had gddr5 it would work, but with gddr3 and a 256bit interface, it is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom