EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Superclocked

mud beaver

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I am going to buy this card in a few weeks,

Amazon.com: EVGA EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Superclocked w/ G-SYNC Support 1GB GDDR5 128bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, HDMI,DP Graphics Card (01G-P4-2753-KR) Graphics Cards 01G-P4-2753-KR: Computers & Accessories

I noticed that it has a MIDI cable port in the back, the monitor I just bought also has a MIDI port.

My question is would using a MIDI cable have more benefits than using the DVI cable ?

the monitor I have
http://www8.hp.com/emea_africa/en/products/monitors/product-detail.html?oid=5380822#!tab%3Dfeatures

Last edited:
I'm guessing you mean HDMI? MIDI is for audio, such as MIDI keyboards/synths ;).

DVI and HDMI are going to be the same quality; both are digital. So it doesn't really matter which one you use. HDMI can give you audio where as with DVI you'll also have to run a 3.5mm audio cable from PC -> monitor, but if you're using separate speakers or headphones instead of your monitor's internal speakers... then it wouldn't matter.

Yea. It should be fine for gaming long as the response isn't exceptionally high. I didn't Google it or look at the specs or anything. IPS monitors are typically more expensive than TN panels.

the response time is 5ms

when i was playing dayz before the mobo died the graphics were amazing, even with a 9800GT 512MB card

I LOVE my IPS funny thing was I got it for $269 then it went to the $490 Mark shortly after but now it's down to $239 for the. 27" everything looks great at all angles of view.

Dauntae

I LOVE my IPS funny thing was I got it for $269 then it went to the $490 Mark shortly after but now it's down to $239 for the. 27" everything looks great at all angles of view.

Dauntae

Not knocking it, but I personally don't not sit directly in front of my screen. Therefore viewing angles really aren't a factor to me.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

Not knocking it, but I personally don't not sit directly in front of my screen. Therefore viewing angles really aren't a factor to me.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

what monitor are you using now ?

I didnt know much about monitors when i went shopping for one ( mine died ) so I just went mid range for the best price because i had the extra cash at the time

thanks again for all the advice

Back
Top Bottom