EVGA extends step-up to 120 days for GX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhh why must they tempt me so.

So my GTS512 stepups expired over the weekend, but now they extended it to 120 days! It would cost me 230 per card to go quad SLI plus shipping. I'm really considering it just because of the amount of depretiation my GTS512's have already taken. Paid 369 per for them back in december and now you can get em as low as 230 after rebates. Ugh ugh ugh. I'm never going to get out of debt.

hahaha not at this rate XD id like to see your system with quad-sli lol its okay to give in to temptation!!!

*grin*

haha

Do it!

And if nothing else, step up and then sell immediately and get more money back than you would just selling the gts's

I'm tempted to just drop the cash and get one.

I could scrap the water cooling and get a P35 board and I could get one.

Yipes, that's still a lot of money. And you already have a perfectly capable rig.

****, if anything I'd spend that cash on a new proc.

But I don't know about what I'm going to do though.

Not go water cooling and go with a P35 board and get the 9800X2.

Go water cooling and 780i board and get the 8800GTS G92.

I hate decisions like these.

This 680i that i got is actually holding up really well. The NB doesnt overheat so it should last a decent amount of time. I figure if nothing else, like said earlier, i can turn around and sell the GX2 for way closer to msrp than i can my GTS512s. Just think though, 4 GTS512s instead of my current 2....

won't ur quad be a bottleneck? i'd say do step up on both...use one GX2, sell the other..that way u can get your money back on the GTS's

Yipes, that's still a lot of money. And you already have a perfectly capable rig.

****, if anything I'd spend that cash on a new proc.

But I don't know about what I'm going to do though.

Not go water cooling and go with a P35 board and get the 9800X2.

Go water cooling and 780i board and get the 8800GTS G92.

I hate decisions like these.

thats the plan. i think i have someone buying my mobo and cpu, and then im looking to get a p35 and q6600. then i might switch out my card for a gts/gtx later on down the road.

i think the gts will do you fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom