EVGA 9800 GTX+ impression and question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I ended up getting this card without a power supply (480W 15A on 12v rail) and it worked out fine, I used the Precision tool to bring it up to the SSC Edition Core clock: 792MHz but on newegg it says the SSC has a Memory Clock of 2304MHz and this one can only go to 1760 at max but I didn't want to push it and kept it closer to 1220 figuring the Egg might have it wrong (like THAT never happens LOL) Shader clock is at 1969 What would be the most I could push without getting too unstable. I played the Crysis demo and set all to high and it played smooth and the temp went to 61c under load and dropps right down to 40c when not being worked. Very impressed with this card so far from my 7950GT These are my pc specs

XP pro service pack 3
Intel E6850 running at 1333 fsb
XFX NVIDIA 630I MB (I know, weak board but will upgrade eventually)
Kingston HyperX 2 gigs of ram (800 mhz)
EVGA 9800 GTX+
WD 320 gig SATA 300 HD
Acer 22" wide screen
not a bad gaming machine but I always want more hehe
So what should I put for settings to get the most out of this video card?

Dauntae

Those numbers look right. For overclocking i would suggest trying to find a good balance between the core and memory. At 61c at load you have a bit of room to move, try using ATI to find the best results and then you can make finer adjustments on your own. Pushing the memory wont put out too much heat, but it wont have a huge effect either, pushing the core will, but it will create alot of heat.

over clocking is a new one for me, I do have a pretty well vented case and room for another 120mm fan in the front (have the fan but have not gotten to pull the front of the case apart to put it in, but will soon. What should I put the shader clock to, Still a little unsure exactly what all these are but learning in this site.

Thanks for the help
Dauntae

I think when it says it runs @ 2304MHz, it means DDR and your clock is displaying as Normal. DDR seems to be 2x (my card is set at 700mhz but DDR shows it as 1400).

I may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom