Evga 9600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteffens

Contributor
nah the 9800gtx coming out caused its current price drop, don't expect anymore unless Newegg has rebates or something

also the Palit 9600gt is $105 on Newegg with MIR (if ur ok with those)

nah the 9800gtx coming out caused its current price drop, don't expect anymore unless Newegg has rebates or something

that's kind of what I was thinking. I'm not too savvy on the computer market yet. I'm primarily a garage nut but I'm breaking into new fields.

We are getting fire department checks coming up in about a month, at which time I will probably go ahead and get me that video card and possibly a monitor.

I've talked to some local computer friends too and they speak good things about that card too.

EDIT:

also the Palit 9600gt is $105 on Newegg with MIR (if ur ok with those)

I know nothing bout different brand video cards. Are those crappier or just a little slower than the others? You think that would work for what I plan on doing?

If this computer build goes okay I'm going to do another with more extreme pieces. This build is me testing the waters but at the same time I want it to be a good setup.

Actually its better, Palit is one of those lesser known companies, who are known to do unnecessary stuff with cards (like the 1gb 8800gt, or the 1gb 8600gt) but that Palit 9600gt has a different (and better) cooler, but is dual Slot

also if you look around some sites there might be a good deal of Galaxy 9600gt, which also have a different (but better looking cooler than the Palit and probably cools better too) Luke992006 has one and says good things about it, it probably runs at the speed a bit faster than the 8800gt and overclock better than any 9600gt I've ever seen

It means it'll take an extra room under the PCI-e slot, so it like covers up one slot under it (most likely a normal PCI Slot)

It means it'll take an extra room under the PCI-e slot, so it like covers up one slot under it (most likely a normal PCI Slot)

Okay that's no big deal. I don't plan on running a whole lot anyway. I may add a wireless or LAN type card but that should be great.

As to my last post see that link, which one of the three would you suggest? That top one looks like an awesome price and the reviews are great.

All right that's exactly what I thought. I see by your post count, your description under your name, ETC that you know what you are talking about. :)

I had seen that card before but was unsure of how it would perform. I'm not too concerned about it looking pretty, as long as it makes my gaming look right!

Thank you for the information. That has been added to my list! :)

yeah my 9600gt kfa2 (i found out what that means vern, its the company that makes the great cooler on it) is great, runs cool and oc's well. It would be a great choice if your getting a 9600gt.

(I'll be getting a 9900gtx when i comes out vern,)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom