eVGA 7900GT CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXx-Tricky-xXx

In Runtime
I plan on buying this tomorrow when its back in stock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130281

But I have a few worries. Some people are saying it comes at wrong speeds or the BIOS or something for it is wrong. Some say they get old BIOS and some say they get the updated one.

I dont know anything about video card BIOS or speeds but how can I make sure when I get the card it will be right speed and have right BIOS.

Driver too. 84.20. I dont know anything about floppy drives and booting it up for the video card or whatever.

Im so confused. >.<

There are three eVGA versions of the 7900GT.

7900GT
7900GT CO
7900GT Superclocked

The 7900GT CO uses the same "board" as the superclocked edition, and so sometimes when some people have purchased the superclocked edition, it has come at the speeds of the CO edition. This is no big issue, because eVGA overclocks the superclocked edition the same way a customer would, as long as you are capable of overclocking a video card of course.

But don't fret, this doesn't even effect your card model and shouldn't unless eVGA is having organization issues with this card model too ^_^. If it infact is incorrect, eVGA is very good about replacing your product.

The driver is simply some software that you can download off of Nvidia's site that allows your video card to run smoothly with the latest software for best performance and such. Nothing complicated ;)

I believe you can check the speed and settings of your video card in the BIOS, if not hopefully someone else can help you with that by posting a piece of software that can.

For most computer setups, holding the delete key during startup will take you to the BIOS.

Hope this helps you.

hmm well, i dont want to have to flash bios cuz i cant do that, some ppl had to for it, and if its at the wrong speeds, Nvidia wont replace it, you have to call and they help u but I dont wanna touch anything that changes the video card I dont want to mess anything up.

Guess if i manage to get it tomorrow while its in stock in the morning ill have to hope it comes at right speeds with updated stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom