EVGA 780i upgrade program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
I signed up for this on Christmas day which is now almost a month ago and have not heard anything from EVGA about receiving my new board. If I go onto the website, it says I am #1010 in the queue. I called EVGA customer support and he told me that it may be another month to a month and a half until I get my board. This doesn't make any sense because when I signed up, I read the information and it said by purchasing the upgrade, I would be reserving myself a board for when they were released and ready to ship. This is obviously false because if I wanted to spend the money, I could go buy one on Newegg right now. But no, I have to wait atleast another month. This program is BS.

Where are you from?

There have been no end of issues with the standard Step up programme for those who live in Europe.

Yep the step up program takes forever just to get your new part you could be held waiting for up to 3 months before you get it meaning 3 months without a working computer.XFX FTW!!!

If you think thats bad, try finding an evga 780i on the open market. IF you manage to find one, be ready to pay over 300 for it.

Also, some of yall are misinformed about how stepup and this "upgrade" promotion work. You keep your current equipment UNTIL the time your stepup or upgrade is approved, THEN send it off. Its about a 7 day turn around depending on what shipping options you choose.

And last time i checked, evga is the only company offering to let you trade your 680i in towards a 780i rather than just forcing you to buy a new board if you want 45nm quad core.

I live in Cali, USA. And this is not the step-up, its an upgrade promotion. I didn't buy EVGA for the step-up. You can buy a 780i on Newegg right now. Why won't EVGA ship mine? They obviously have some. I understand there is a big queue but how come nobody has gotten their's yet? I have always liked EVGA but this is starting to annoy me.

Lots of people have gotten their upgrades. It's first come first served dude. Evga cant just keep ALL of the motherboards for themself for this promotion.

I would like to know who has gotten their upgrade. I understand EVGA has a commitment to their resellers to deliver boards to them but they also have a commitment to people like me who pre-ordered this board back in December. They should anticipate that alot of people will take them up on this offer and prepare for it or don't offer it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom