evga 780i FTW or 750i FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hey right now I have an Evga 9800GTX+ card and I'm also planning to grab another down the road for SLI. I also have an X-Fi Xtrememusic that I also run. Could all three of these cards total fit in an 750i FTW or will there be a lack of space. Judging by pics, it looks like it would be a very tight fit. But I will get the 780i if I have to. Besides the tri-SLI ability, is the 780i board superior to the 750i in any way?

Personally, i would suggest sticking with what you have and buying into an i7 system or a gtx260 rather than going sli with old cards.

Sorry but between having major work done on my car and trying to keep up a decent gaming machine, I'm really not in a financial position to be ripping out all of my rig's insides at once. I'm already running this 9800GTX+ and I've been really happy with it. And I didn't think these cards were that old. I think running two of these with a fast dually will keep me more than happy for a couple more years.

So if there's no differences between the two boards besides tri-SLI, the big question is: Could I run two 9800GTX+ in SLI and still be able to run my X-Fi also on the 750i FTW? Because people used to complain about not being able to use their sound cards while running SLI configurations back in the day because of the lack of room. Thanks for your help. Here's a pic, but it looks like it might be a tough fit:

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/evga_nforce_750i_sli_ftw_review/images/01.jpg

Your sig doesnt show what board you currently had, thats why i suggested what i did. If you already have a 750i just stick with that.

Your sig doesnt show what board you currently had, thats why i suggested what i did. If you already have a 750i just stick with that.

Oh sorry. I'm on a Gigabyte DS3 965p which was one of the first C2D boards that came out haha. It's treated me well but it's very dated now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom