eVGA 7800GT or..... eVGA 7800GT...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
I'll be placing my video card order very soon and am wondering which I shoud get:

eVGA 7800GT

or

eVGA 7800GT

The latter has slightly higher core and memory speeds. I'm wondering if ther's any issues with instability with the OC'ed one? They are both priced the same. Any suggestions?

I think one has a copper cooler and the other does not.

Pretty sure the second one has the copper heatsink.

Edited...

Must have missed that... I just went off of what I thought he said that the first one was faster, so I put faster with copper :p.

This one is a little more:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130249
But this is the eVGA 7800GT CO version and it has the fastest clockspeeds out of the rest of them. Also, if I'm not mistaken, if you get this one, I think it comes with a lifetime warrenty where you can get it replaced if anything short of physical damage happens to it, so if you kill it by OCing, they will replace it, and if you have a failed bios flash, they will still replace it. Don't quote me on this, but I think it's true.

EVGA is recognized through customer loyalty and the highest levels in customer satisfaction. We continously work to make sure that each sale results in a customer for life! This is part of the EVGA Difference - known for offering value and performance, as well as top notch customer service.

In keeping with our valued ideology, we are pleased to offer the new EVGA Lifetime Warranty.

For our retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products purchased on or after June 22, 2005, EVGA will provide a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of each retail product that the product will not suffer, in material or workmanship, from any defect that adversely affects the performance of the product. This lifetime warranty is valid for the life of the retail product, so long as the original purchaser owns the product, based upon the following conditions:

* Lifetime Warranty is for all retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products ending in the part numbers AX, DX, or FX
* There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components

We will repair or replace the defective parts free of charge (no refunds). All you pay is the shipping charge to return the product to EVGA.

EVGA reserves the right to claim for shipping fees along with a service charge* from the customer for any incomplete or modified product that is returned and requires repair or replacement, or when the customer is not entitled to any coverage under this lifetime warranty. EVGA provides this same lifetime warranty to any graphics card and mainboard repaired or replaced pursuant this lifetime warranty.

Please feel free to call us first for any needed support at (888) 881-EVGA (3842) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We stand behind the products we sell, for their value, quality, and reliability.

http://evga.com/support/lifetime/

Model #: 256-P2-N517-AX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130249

yup

KB No: 815 Date Entered: 11/3/2005 Last Modified: 11/8/2005
Topic Does water-cooling or installing a third party cooling solution on my video card void the warranty?
Article Installing third party cooling solutions does not void warranty on our products. Just be sure to keep the original cooling solution as it will have to be on the card if it is ever sent in for RMA. Any physical damage such as burn marks or damaged PCB will void any warranty. More information can be found here at this link: http://www.evga.com/support/lifetime/
i just waanted to add that in

KB No: 378 Date Entered: 9/10/2001 Last Modified:
Topic Where can I download Video/VGA BIOS so that I may flash my video card?
Article At the moment, we do not offer a video BIOS for download. eVGA.com will not be responsible for incorrectly flashed video BIOS as it will void manufacture warranty.

and if you have a failed bios flash, they will still replace it.

nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom