evga 6800gt (8x agp) crash's pc :((

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast1917

Baseband Member
Hi, i just recieved a brand new eVGA 6800gt (8xagp) in the mail, and when i installed it, and the power supply connector, it seemed to be working fine until i launched graphic intensive aplications such as hl2, or cod 2, it first shows signs of flickering, then after 20 seconds, it crashes and freezes. does anyone know how this could happen

p4 3.0ghz
1gb of samsung pc3200 ram
evga 6800gt
thermaltake tsunami + thermaltake 400w PSU (12v rail)

could it be theres something wrong with the installation? i installed the 6800gt into the agp 8x slot alrite, but it came with a cord to connect to ur power supply , i only used two out of three connections (one connecting to the power supply, and one to the gpu), the third one is for sli? could this be? although it is an agp version...

You need to have all the power things plugged in. I am pretty sure you also need a 450w PSU, but it should still work on a DECENT 400w PSU. It sounds like it is either not getting enough power, or it is overheating.

it says minimum 350w psu, and my friend also has a card that has 2 power cord things, and he doesnt use one but his gpu works fine

well im sure a new psu would solve the problem, but you could have fast writes on, i always recomend them on and i am running them on lol but. some systems just will not do it, try and turn them off in your bios, i think a while back before im runing the x850xt now i had a 9500 pro and it would have the same results and sometimes lose monitor signal with fast writes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom