EVGA 6600GT Dual DVI Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthscsa19

Baseband Member
Evga e-GeForce 6600GT 128 MB HDTV PCI-E Graphics Card (Dual DVI)

I am thinking about purchasing this card for my Dell Optiplex 620 to support two DVI monitors. The computer currently has a PCI-E 16x card in the slot which I will remove to make room for this one. My question is, other that slotting in the card, what else do I need? Does this card require a connection to the Power Supply Unit? If so, how much power does it need? This is a work computer, so other than the Video Card, I dont want to change up any other components.

Thanks
Steve

it needs a connection to your power supply. and your power supply should be 350W+. and should be a brand name.

Its a Dell, its not a brand name PSU. It is a 305W PSU however. What type of connection from the PSU is required? Is this connection always found on computers? Does anyone have a pic of the connection so I can go into the computer to see if I have a free connector.

Thanks

Well I did abit of research and some reviews said that this PCI-E card does not need an extra power connection but gets all of its power from the PCI slot itself. I am abit confused by some people saying it does and some that say it doesnt. Anyone have the answer to why this is or what is the correct answer? I dont want to buy the card not knowing if I have the appropriate connection for it.

Thanks

The 6600GT is a cheap card? I thought it was a well regarded video card? It may not be the best card to play the best games, but this is a video card for work purposes, why wouldnt it be good enough for that?

matt2m said:
i am talking about real cheap cards
$50 cards and such like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130198
no power needed
the 6600gt is a good card

Oh okay, well the review I read was over the 6600GT card and it said that it didnt use another plug. It was an old review however. I just want to be sure I have the right plug coming out of my power supply before I go ahead with the purchase. Do most PSU have extra plugs like these available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom