Ever notice Dells upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to flame... Just asking I would still never buy one, and if you still will never consider buying one, where is the harm?

Well, for under $500 you could get a Dell with a x2 3800+ proc, 1g ddr2 533(budget ram but could be worse) dvd-rw, 160g hdd and some random budget gfx card.

$175 for an x2 3800 with a fan...
$140 for 1g ddr2 533 value ram from most companies...
$40 for dvd-rw drive...
$55-65 for 160gp hdd...

$410-420 in parts so far...So the rest of the $80-90 goes into the psu, mobo, case, and 7300LE low end budget card($50 card).

Doesn't look like double the price....Although custom computers are usually better then one made by a manufacturer including Dell.

I used to check out Dell computers then compare then to the price that it would cost from Monarchcomputers or the bare parts. Dell always overcharged quite a bit, but with the new AMD computers the prices seem to be pretty nice. Also new Dell computers don't die near as often as they used to. So yes I have seen a boost in Dell quality and a drop in prices (haven't checked out prices for newer Intel PCs though).

Oh yeah, and now you can install pretty much anything to your dell and it should be compatible so long as the psu can provide enough power and it doesn't even void the warrenty. Step up from voiding warrenties for installing pretty much anything by yourself, and having to buy parts from the manufacturer for much, much more then they are worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom