Error message??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowens

Baseband Member
Ok I finally finished building my PC and got everything installed and running. However I have been having a few window crashed and noticing some wierd errors. I commonly get the following error in Windows XP when I boot up - One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was succesful. What does this mean and how do I avoid it?

Also, I had a crash and clicked on the link to report it to Microsoft. The link suggested that I download a memory testing program (mtinst) and test my memory. I let it run for awhile and noticed once that a LRAND test failed? What does this mean? Do I need to adjust BIOS settings to make things operate properly? Here is my system config:

MB DFI|NF4 LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR RT - Retail
CPU AMD 64 |4000+ ATHLON 64 939P RT - Retail
OCZ DUAL 2G(1Gx2) DDR 400 RT - Retail (Qty=2)
FD 1.44MB|SONY MPF920 Black % - OEM
HD 74GB|WD 10,000RPM 8MB WD740GD % - OEM
HD250G|ST 7200 8M SATA ST3250823AS% - OEM (Qty=2)
KB IDEAZON|ZBOARD GAMING KEYBOARD - Retail
CDRW/DVD CMB SONY CRX320EE/B2S BLK - OEM
DVD+/-RW 16X SONY DWQ28A SW OEM - OEM
CD MS|WIN XP PRO w/SP2 % - OEM
CABLE Y|POWER SPLITTER 5-1/4 - OEM
MNTR VWSNC|19"LCD 8msDVI VP191B - Retail
VGA EVGA|GF 7800GTX 256-P2-N529-AX - Retail
PS PC PWR & CLG | 510 SLI-PFC RET - Retail
CASE LIANLI|PC-60BPlus RT - Retail

Do a test once with only 1 stick installed. See if it passes or fails.
Do another test with only the other stick installed. See if it passes or fails.

RMA the one that fails.

Wait a minute, do you have 2Gb of RAM, or 4Gb? In your computer specs it says that you have OCZ 2GB (2 x 1Gb), and then at the end you have (Qty=2). Does this mean you have 2 x OCZ 2Gb? if so, Windows doesn't tend to like anything over 2Gb interms of memory....

Oh right, wel that might be the problem. As I said, Windows doesn't really like anything over 2Gb of RAM (no idea why), and it may be that that is causing the problem? Try just sticking one dual channel kit in there and testing if it works like that.

What core is the CPU also by the way?

The memory controllers in Pre Venice CPU's had problems with large quantity's of ram, same as Windows non server can have problems with 2+ gig of ram.

This is the CPU
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1GHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail
I ran mem86+ and it had some errors on test 7. I took a photo of the screen. How do I upload the photo to show you guys what it said?

EDIT

Ok here is the link to my screenshot - can anyone tell me what this means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom