ERROR: Initialise3DEnvironment

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
I got a new 2600 Pro (8x AGP) card, and the latest drivers installed for it.
DirectX is updated, and we've even tried older versions of the driver.
When we go to play World of Warcraft for example, it will load the login screen, but it will flicker back and forth from the desktop to the world of warcraft screen. This appears to be the case for everything that tries to load full screen.
No 3D games will load, but 2D games will.
When I tried to run the Stability Test for grapics cards (the ones with the floating earth thing that spins around) it gave a more detail error.
Plug and Play Monitor ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series 1280x1024 WIN5.1 Service Pack 2 DirectX 9.0c installed Generic application error. ERROR: -2005530518 Source: Initialize3DEnvironment Generic application error. ERROR: -2005530518 Source: Stability Test Generic application error. ERROR: -2005530518 Source: Initialize3DEnvironment
All the drivers do the same thing . That's the first thing I thought of, but it really annoyed me when like all the drivers did the same thing. Right now we're using 8.43... I'm so stumped as to what this can be. Does anyone think a reinstall of WinXP would be the solution?

System specs:
Athlon XP 2400+ socket A
DDR 133 MHz (266) 2-2-2-6
ASUS A7N8X2.0 nForce 2 mobo
HD 2600 Pro (AGP)
Windows XP SP2 32 bit

Well, this thread was actually for a friend. He ended up taking back the 2600 pro and got a 7600 gs.

Yes, we did try reinstalling DX...

But how do you uninstall graphics drivers? We looked through the list of add/remove programs and took out everything we saw, but that just felt very very ineffective. As far as I know, there isn't like a list of installed drivers..? How would one wipe out all installed graphics drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom