Ergo Mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timaphillips

In Runtime
Anyone have any recommendations for an ergonomic mouse? I'm a CAD Draftsman who is beginning to want a more comfy mouse.

I would reccoment the Logitech MX518. I have used its older brother the MX510, and i was extremely impressed.

I was hoping to find one that is set-up so that my hand would be sideways. That's the natural position of a hand when extended.

natural position of a hand when extended is "vertical"
ie., hanging down...then raise your arm up...notice your thumb is upwards and your pinky on the bottom ;). Not sure if that's the same as your "sideways" lol

pronation...

the least amount of twisting the hand needs to do the better...I would love to use these, but may find them a bit odd at first...also I am poor :D

Newegg.com - 3M EM500GPS 3 Buttons USB Optical Ergonomic Mouse - Retail
Amazon.com: 3M Ergonomic Mouse SMALL/MEDIUM: Electronics
Amazon.com: Evoluent Vertical Ergonomic Mouse 3 - Right Hand: Health & Personal Care

natural position of a hand when extended is "vertical"
ie., hanging down...then raise your arm up...notice your thumb is upwards and your pinky on the bottom ;). Not sure if that's the same as your "sideways" lol

pronation...

the least amount of twisting the hand needs to do the better...I would love to use these, but may find them a bit odd at first...also I am poor :D

Newegg.com - 3M EM500GPS 3 Buttons USB Optical Ergonomic Mouse - Retail
Amazon.com: 3M Ergonomic Mouse SMALL/MEDIUM: Electronics
Amazon.com: Evoluent Vertical Ergonomic Mouse 3 - Right Hand: Health & Personal Care

Perfect. Thanks!

I've got the evolution vertical. It is pretty nice, but the mouse isn't as steady. I find it difficult to make the same subtle, controlled movements that I can make easily on a traditional mouse. I would definitely recommend trying these vertical mice before you buy one of them. I dont regret buying it, but it isnt as great as I had hoped it would be, especially for vector drawing, etc.

i got an mx620, but i hate wires and i cannot notice the difference at all between wired and decent wireless

the mx revolution is AWESOME
but spendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom