Entertainment and Gaming Powerhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariqadkhan

In Runtime
I am currently looking at building a pc from newegg. Basically I want something that will give me great pictures for movies and games. No Lags etc. But I need some help, if you guys can help me put something together, it would be greatly appreciated.

Looking at:
Vista Ultimate 64-bit
AMD Quad Core xxxx
4GB Ram
300+ Harddrive
24-30 inch LCD widescreen monitor
1gb Video Card
BluRay/HD Player dvd rw etc
Good speaker system and sound card

Well, if you are on more of a budget, what you have is fine. Although I would get the Vista 64-bit Home Premium OEM version. It is all that you would need and is only $95 or less.

Right now, Intel has the quad core market wrapped up. Get a Q6600 OEM for only $199 which will outperform ANY of the AMD quad cores. For a media PC you may want more HDD space. If that is the case, grab 2 or as many as you need of the Seagate 500GB 7200.11 HDD's.

You really don't need that powerful of a video card to still get full HD movies and max settings on games. But a good 1GB card would be the 9800GX2. Otherwise you would be more than set with an 8800GTS 512MB and have room to upgrade when the newer (hopefully far better) cards come out.

It sounds like you are investing quite a bit of money into this, and right now to get the most out of what you spend, you will need an Intel system.

or you could grab the western digitals 640gb hd's. ATI seems to do better w/ blu ray and HD playback but Nvidia is the **** for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom