Ebay Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chugget

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

I have been looking at upgrading my computer for a long time now. The thing is, I live in Australia, and the options here are terrible. I have been looking at buying from a major company in America, but they mostly dont ship to Australia (eg Newegg). TigerDirect does ship to Australia, but its not worth the $800 American shipping.

I am looking at buying a whole computer for $2000 American, which must include (tower, monitor, keyboard, speakers and mouse) and shipping. Are there any good American options rather than EBAY??

I am a gamer, and am therefore looking at the 8800 GTS or GTX.

Im not sure if this is allowed, but is this a good option?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150097421589

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gaming-Core-2-D...yZ140076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you sincerely,

Andrew.

Just a quick follow up on the above information. I asked locally for an 8800GTS rig, with Gigabyte DS3 board and e6600 processor.... $3,500 AUD ($2,700 USD).

Man thats incredible that the prices are that expensive. I can build that system for I bet you 1600 bucks in american...hrrrm how can we smuggle this thing to Australia for free? :p

Do you have family or friends in the states at all that it can be shipped to them and then to you? How much would it be for a friend to send it to you?

LOL Sora... Dont say I didnt think that first.. :p

Prices here are simply disgraceful. We have friends over in America, but they are from our FEAR clan. I really like them and trust them, but with 2,500 bucks....

For those 2 systems i posted, $160 American for postage (Tower only). Any other options I havent possibly looked into (not Dell)..

Do you have say...... a relative that lives here in the states? Best and cheapest thing to do is probably ask them (if you have any) to buy the parts for you and pay them for what it cost them. Typically, shipping from here in the U.S. to the Philippines is for 100-150 lbs of weight only cost $100.00 U.S., I assume that they cost the same from here to Australia :D

Sora said:
Man thats incredible that the prices are that expensive. I can build that system for I bet you 1600 bucks in american...hrrrm how can we smuggle this thing to Australia for free? :p

Do you have family or friends in the states at all that it can be shipped to them and then to you? How much would it be for a friend to send it to you?

Ye, electronics prices out there cost a lot. You would expect them to cost less but nope. I expected electronics prices in the Philippines to cost much less since some are made in its neighboring countries but I guess I was wrong. A $200.00 dell PC here will cost you like around $1000.00 there. Which makes me wonder, how in the world do they think people in those nations would come up with the money to be able to afford that pc with that kind of price? Especially the fact that the average yearly income for families there are less than $1000.00 a year.

MM a FEAR clan...yea I wouldn't trust them with that much...

hrrrm...that's tough...I'm sure there has to be a way to get it here. Lol i'm surprised you can't like have newegg ship to a post office and then the office ships it out via credit card to you...I'm not sure explore the possibilities!

We dont have any family in America which was my first thought. I hadnt really thought of using the post office. I wonder how that works... Another problem is if the product is faulty. The only return option is back to America, right??

I will. Ive gone over the forums here like a million times over the past 3 months (yes 3 months!!!!!!). 2 GIG G-Skill RAM (6400), Gigabyte DS3, 2 times 250 gig segate (or 320-80), 2 optical drives... the usual. Off the top of your head, would you happen to know any more information about the post office option??

Thanks man.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom