Is it easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
I've always bought computers that were basically built for me, now I want to learn how to do it myself, so i can save a little money. I'm thinking about getting a new computer soon, with all the prices going down an all. I have experience hooking up hard drive, cd roms, memory, etc, but ive never mounted a motherboard or set the cpu in its socket, or putting in a power supply How hard is it to do?

If anyone has some websites that have walkthroughs or have any comments that would be great.

My budget is between $1000-1250.

read and do research first before you think about the parts... read the forums, look at the parts... think about what you want this system for first, and how long you want it to last... That will help determine what kind of parts you buy now... and when your ready ask your questions, and concerns... cause just like everyone else, myself included, we had doubts about what they wanted to do with a build... :) Congrats on a good choice to build and we're here to help...

well ya I just read forums and actually in tiger direct when you look up a part below the specs there is always walkthrough guides and explanations of why you need this or how this works ect. made it a lot easier to drop a grand on a box of parts LOL

and it worked out great. never buying a prebuild again.

lancec2c30 said:
well ya I just read forums and actually in tiger direct when you look up a part below the specs there is always walkthrough guides and explanations of why you need this or how this works ect. made it a lot easier to drop a grand on a box of parts LOL

and it worked out great. never buying a prebuild again.

way to go. i agree

Yes!

Build your own. DIY pride and intimate knowledge of your Rig are priceless. I swear....you will never go back.

Do your research. Use common sense. Remain grounded - use an anti-static wrist strap. If you are uncertain if your configuration is compatible, just post and many will answer.

There are frustrations, but building Rigs is like that and if you are careful and apply knowledge w/ common sense you will not be able to cause damage to your components, though sometimes RMA's will happen.

Keep us posted on your progress.

wow, yeah I live about 20 mins south of Buffalo. A couple of my cousins are near Rochester, in Webster and Brockport I think.

go SABRES! <----Amazing year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom