E8750 vs Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
hi. im building a system and im torn on what to get for my proc. this system will pretty much be used for gaming and i am torn between the faster E6850 and the slower Q6600. Any suggestions?

The Q6600 isn't that much slower. It's also cheaper than an E6850. So it's a no brainer.

Sure, you can overclock an E6850 further, but around the same price range or cheaper....why not get two more cores and 4mb more cache, with the Q6600?

e6850 is 3.0ghz and dual-core

q6600 is 2.4ghz and quad-core

the e6850 will perform better in current games because of its higher clock speed... but the q6600 will be better in the future since more games will be more optimized for quad-cores also why pay for the e6850 when a q6600 is cheaper and you get two more cores

From what ive seen with the new 45nm quads coming out, the equally priced quad has less cache and roughly the same TDP so your best bet is to just get a Q6600, a good cooler and hang on to until the nehalems come out.

You can overclock the Q6600 to 3.0GHz with stock voltage. I'm not so sure about that with the stock heatsink though, maybe 2.7GHz or so with that comfortably; especially if you get the g0 stepping.

So, it's cheaper, has 2 more cores, more cache, and can OC to the stock speed of the dual core AND further with a good after market cooler. I vote Q6600.

I managed to get up to 3.15 on stock voltage. But i dont run the stock cooler. I think i have my voltage set to 1.175V in bios right now at stock speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom