e6750 vs. q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
I'm thinking about upgrading (is it really?) from an e6750 to a q6600. Is this an up- or downgrade? I'm a gamer and don't use photoshop or any CAD programs, hence why I'm questioning the q6600, but my e6750 has kinda been sluggish lately. Let me know what you think...

You wouldn't notice any difference if you don't do encoding or rendering things....

Your e6750 shouldn't feel slow...something else is the problem.

Do you multitask? Do you have lots of other programs running while you are gaming? If so, a quad would be a step up. I know i'll never go back to anything less than 4 cores.

I don't think it would be an upgrade, 3.84 is a huge OC, you wouldn't get near that with an q6600. You would probably get like 3.0 or something. I have an e6750, but I got it because I don't usually have more than 3 or 4 things open, and I don't really play any quad optimized games or use quad optimized video codecs, making it useless for me. It probably depends a little on what you will be using it for, but the money you lose off this transaction would almost certainly make it not worth it. (even if it was only like $10, IMO)

if your gonna get a new core just for gaming. go with e8400 if you can find one. (make sure your motherboard supports the new 45nm architecture! It should though. But i would spend the money on a 9600gt instead or even better just wait till the 9800's come out. Or just get the 9600gt and use the step up program by evga!

I don't think it would be an upgrade, 3.84 is a huge OC, you wouldn't get near that with an q6600. You would probably get like 3.0 or something. I have an e6750, but I got it because I don't usually have more than 3 or 4 things open, and I don't really play any quad optimized games or use quad optimized video codecs, making it useless for me. It probably depends a little on what you will be using it for, but the money you lose off this transaction would almost certainly make it not worth it. (even if it was only like $10, IMO)

Actually there's a good chance of getting 3.8ghz on a q6600 if he has a good cooler.

More like 3.4-3.6 though

I can run stable at 3.8ghz on my q6600, but the difference in performance over 3.6ghz isnt worth it for the extra heat and voltage required to get stable at 3.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom