e6600 vs e6400

Build one or two?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
mhmm....well im not sure yet...cuz im not even getting a computer till my bday... (november 5th)... :p well if everything stays the same price, i think i will get the e6600. Im not sure if i OC or not, but will the e6600 preform A LOT better then the e6400 when its not Oced?

E6400, it's a minor OC to get it to E6600 performance levels. THe cache only makes a difference of 3-6%, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Btw, I would read up on OCing a little bit. It didn't really seem like you know what you're talking about in terms of OCing.

lol i dont know anything about OCing..i was just wondering if it was worth learning how to OC and if OCing makes a big diference...well i think i might go with the e6400..it seems good enough...i have a small job (only 14 years old) and might make more money before my bday, so ill stick with the e6400 now and see what changes happen on my bday..

All right, good luck with your Conroe processor either way and post your Ocing results if you decide to OC [not that it's difficult]. :D :p

oh they're out there....they just umm...SUUUUCK. lol. I had one crash my system 3 days into buying it with a 3% OC. BIOS is the only way to do it. I had at one time, an AMD calculator that let you punch in w/e wanted as sort of a practice OC program. makes sure if you change this...such and such will do what you want etc. and stay under X amount... Basically, it showed you want happens when you change things around before you go and do. It was extremely helpful. I lost it but..it was cool. When you OC theres like 4-6 variables that need to be watched in a "guess and check" type of way so you dont F something up.

3 variables, IMO.

Processor speed, Memory speed, and HyperTransport Bus speed. The last being exclusive to AMD. Intel gets their FSB.

ehh...w/e lol. I was thinking the fsb / multi/ htbs/ mem speed/mem divider/ clock speed etc. they all change when you touch things. and some of them need to STAY at the value they're at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom