E6600 Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya.... the stock hsf scared the crap outta me too.. now i'm happily running a scythe ninja... i suggest you too get an aftermarket heatsink so you can escape these fears!

I don't have any problem with the stock HSF. Sure it's not top quality, but if you're not overclocking or anything it's just fine.

CORE TEMP shows 64Cwith about 5 programs up and a virus scanner..... bad? or is CORE TEMP reporting wrong

ToneTone said:
CORE TEMP shows 64Cwith about 5 programs up and a virus scanner..... bad? or is CORE TEMP reporting wrong

If it was 38º in your BIOS, then there's no way that the temperature gauge you're reading from is right. Your computer is fine.

unless that mobo has power saving on in the BIOS so the fan will stop and start leave your case off and watch the CPU fan see how it goes. Also go into the fan settings in the BIOS and turn off any fan control and put it on full.

well ive turned all the fans on full, and sometimes the temp would go down to 51-54C and then at one point it was at 64C with a couple of programs up while playing BF2142.

the 680i mobos have had a few problems, maybe one of them was false temp readings? Have you updated your mobo since you got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom