e6600 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord AnthraX said:
How come when I load this page I get prompted to enter username and password for jeff?

:eek:

yeah no kidding.

My name IS Jeff, so I was like WTF?

don't rag on the 7600gt, its a good card. specially if he's looking to upgrade to dx10 later, the 7600 will get the job done for now.

i'd definitely go with 2gb of ram, it helps all around.
and i've heard lots of good about the ds3.

lol...yea

that was me not knowing that you can't host a signature from a protected site. my bad. should be working now.

I wouldnt go for the DFI board - I'd wait till they come out with a LanPArty edition for the Core 2 duo.

I'd shoot for 2gig's of ddr2 800 if possible - its expensive now, but about 2 months ago it was 2/3 the price it is now

Yea the AM2 LanParty looks pretty sweet. No word on DFI's site when they'll release a C2D version.

2 gigs of ram are in the works. I don't suppose the price will go down in the near future?

gmanych said:
A E6600 and a 7600GT will go fine together and will not be bottlenecked at all.... More ram woudnt hurt... And going for DDR2 800 is a good idea... Run em in dual channel and you will get 12.8 Gb/s

Let's see... DDR2-800, in dual channel, 4-4-4-12, I get like 7200Mb/s ...

ahh...

So when picking out ram to max your transfer rate, what's the most important factor? Timings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom