So this is what i have in mind:

MOBO: Gigabyte DS3
HD: Seagate 160GB 7200rpm
RAM: Corsair XMS2 (2x512) DDR2 800
PS: Antec TPII 550W
GPU: XFX 7600GT
LCD: Samsung 205BW 20" Widescreen

and of course my e6600!

I'm not sure if i'll go with the Samsung LCD, but i'll get a new moniter for sure. Any suggestions?
Also, any thoughts on the DFI Infinity as an alternate mobo?

well, your 6600 is kinda overkill compred to your other parts, i dotn know if you had to shave off some quality of others to afford the 6600 :)
theres a $199 19 widescreen 5ms i think at tigerdirect
cant comment on a c2d mobo havent read anything of in depth about them

but it looks ok..
with 6600, 2 gigs of ram would kill....(g.skillz!)
i would look at a raptor hdd too, if you dont need much space

myself, if i made a new conroe set, i would make a qpack with a micro atx mobo, midtowers are too big, its nice to be small, though you lose the quality bios and cooling of a full atx biuld

A E6600 and a 7600GT will go fine together and will not be bottlenecked at all.... More ram woudnt hurt... And going for DDR2 800 is a good idea... Run em in dual channel and you will get 12.8 Gb/s

im just saying price wise, a 6600 is much more hgihend than a 7600gt, but if hes upgrading REAL soon to dx10 then its worth it

thanks guys.

Yea the e6600 is kinda the diamond of the system, but i figured with its higher o/c'ing it would have more upgradability than the 6400 or the 6300. And since these cards aren't built for dx10, i didn't want to spend a bundle on a dx9 just yet. I'm still considering going with 2gb ram. I definately will if i lose the lcd.

Of course then it's back to my old standby......hello 15"
:cool:

btw: I see the raptors are pretty popular. Is the 10k rpm worth it? It looks like they cose around 4x more.

10k rpm is just faster load times...and a little more noise then the common 7200rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom