e6600 or 64 X2 6000

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the X2's in the series OC to similar speeds really. The brisbanes will OC higher than the Windsors of coarse and the X2 6000 you would be lucky to get 3.2ghz stable out of that...

No man, 6000+ consumes 125watt
If you include the memory controller. All CPU's rely on a memory controller. the K8 CPU's just have theirs in the CPU chip.
If they were the same price then E6600 would be much better because E6600 is more overclockable and cosumes half the power of 6000+
Like I said, the C2D doesn't consume half the power if you include the memory controller.
Also, the 6000+ costs more than AU$100 less than an E6600.

And when the C2D's drop in price, that will be close to K10 release. I won't be buying a C2D; I'll be waiting to see what Agena/Kuma can do.

AMD says their IPC will be increased from 3 to 4 (C2D's are at about 4) Agena's top model will be 2.5GHZ, and Kuma's top model will be 2.9GHZ (stock speeds)
How they will overclock is unknown. But at stock speeds, both CPU's running 4 IPC, 2.9GHZ Kuma will perform significantly better than C2D at stock speeds. even 2.5GHZ Agena will perform better than C2D, if only two of its cores were enabled.
Also factor in the onboard memory controller, and the HyperTransport link (HTT 2.0 for Barcelona, and HTT 3.0 for Agena/Kuma), and you can see some very good performance out of K10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom