e6320 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zune Guy

In Runtime
In continuing with my 3 month :))) upgrade plan, I have now decided to replace my processor too. I currently have an e6320 clocked at 3.GHz stable. The temps are 27oC and a highish 60oC with stock cooling. I'm assuming I should only get .2 or so increase with a Tuniq Tower, so I've decided an upgrade might benefit me.
I have 3 choices, e8400, q6600 or q9300. I have Crysis etc. but the quad core still looks the better deal, the price difference included. Also, I hear there's price cuts at the end of April so is there a big difference

PS:-Other upgrades include 8600GT->8800GTS, DS3R->Maximus Formula, and a decent case and cooler (at last). Still not sure about the mobo upgrade though? :confused:
Many thanks

The Q6600 if your not going to upgrade for a long time, the E8400 if your going to uprade to a 32nm or 45nm quad core in under 1.5 years.

I wouldn't even consider the Q9300

The Q6600 if your not going to upgrade for a long time, the E8400 if your going to uprade to a 32nm or 45nm quad core in under 1.5 years.

I wouldn't even consider the Q9300

Ok, so basically I should get the e8400, I will upgrade once the new chips come out this fall, but they also bring a new socket with them, hence my current mobo is outdated, I might just keep the Ds3R considering I don't need SLi, just assumed I could get a better overclocker after 6-8 months.

Why do you need a new motherboard? You haven't even tried overclocking the E8400 on your current one.

Try first and if it doesn't work out then I and others will reccomend a board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom