E4300 vs. X2 4200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
??

I'm thinking of buying a nice motherboard ~150-300 and just buying an E4300 to tide me over until I can scrounge money for a nice quad...

I've heard great things about the E4300 during overclocking (going from a stock 1.8 to 3+) and would love to spend some time overclocking it!

What do you guys think?

I can probably make a small profit by selling my X2 4200+ for ~60-80 and buying a used E4300 for ~60, or I could just buy a new one for $100

I'd then buy a nice performance motherboard....

What do you guys think? Will I see a major performance decrease if any? I'll definitely overclock the E4300 as much as I can with my custom water cooling...

Did a little google search and it seems that the E4300 can top even a x2 6000+ when overclocked??

I think I might pickup an ASUS Striker Extreme 680i rather then the newer 780i since the 680 is only ~100-200

Peformance increase actually

but don't get the e4300, it uses the same Revision as the older Core 2 Duos, get atleast an e4400+ or get an e2180 or e2200

yeah you wont see any kind of performance decrease coming from a 4200. especially if you are going to overclock the 4300, which should reach 3ghz and will probably perform a little better than a 3+ghz X2

will those other processors overclock just as well if not better?

I'm more looking for fun overclocking rather then straight price, performance isn't that overly important since this is just a temporary proccesor

yep

its like going from B3 to G0 overclocking, I hope thats helpful

ahh ok lol, then I'll just pick one of those, any specific one that would be best?

edit:

I think I'll go witht he E2200 for $89 at newegg with free shipping, any good motherboard recommendations?

newegg has quite a few open box asus mobos... Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I think I might go with a ~100 or 150 mobo...

edit again:

oh and I don't need SLI, but I will be using nvidia graphics

I do prefer to have IDE slots and would like as many PCI slots as possible

I'm mainly again looking for overclocking power and availability, I don't need many other features

edit is this any good?

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I've always wanted to try a DFI board...

DFI motherboards have more of a learning curve to overclock and tweak settings, but it's well worth it, IMO. Plus, they look great.

You should go to the DFI forum for tips with these boards.

ok sweet thanks, I guess thats what I'll order tomorrow once I make deposit to my bank to fund the paypal transfer.

looking forward to the DFI board and the intel overclocking experience lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom